Wonderful College Prep Academy is a charter network in California's Central Valley committed to providing a world-class education for all students. The Academy's mission is to graduate students prepared to earn a college degree and to put them on a promising career path for life. We believe this begins with a nurturing, engaging, community-centered school environment where students develop a strong and well-rounded academic foundation. Ultimately, this will prepare generations of leaders in the Central Valley who are critical thinkers and life-long learners.
The Academy's first school opened in Delano in 2009, serving students from across the Central Valley in grades 6-12. In 2016, we moved to our new, state-of-the-art college prep campus in Delano, and in the Fall of 2017, added an elementary school in Delano and opened a second charter school in Lost Hills. In Delano, we serve over 1,800 students in grades TK-12, while in Lost Hills, we serve over 400 students in grades TK-12.
Our students have access to technology in all grades, from hands-on STEM learning for younger students in a fully equipped "maker's space" to school-provided laptops for older students. The Academy aims to provide every opportunity for our students that often is not found in public or charter schools, including the ability to graduate from high school with a free Associate Degree. Through a unique partnership with Bakersfield College, our students enroll in college classes starting in 9th grade and complete all their A-G requirements, in addition to their AS Degree requirements over the course of four years. In addition, all graduates are eligible to earn a four-year renewable college scholarship through the generous support of Lynda and Stewart Resnick.
We seek thoughtful, inclusive, skilled communicators, and creative problem-solvers who value continuous learning and who are excited to serve our students and families. Now is the time to join a team making enduring change within the Central Valley of California and beyond!
Click here to learn more about the Wonderful Company's other great philanthropic partnerships.
Under the supervision and direction of the Expanded Learning Manager and Expanded Learning Site Lead, the Expanded Learning Elective Mentor (ELEM) will develop and implement daily elective enrichment activities for groups of 20 students in grades 1st - 8th and/or groups of 10 in grade TK or Kindergarten. The Expanded Learning Elective Mentor is responsible for providing specific instruction in one of the following:
- Physical Education
- Performing Arts
- Yoga and Mindfulness
Due to the nature of this role, ELEMs must maintain a high level of ethical and professional behavior due to access to confidential student information about Wonderful College Prep Academy scholars. All ELEMs will be required to participate in ongoing staff professional development activities. *Position is contingent on program need and funding
- Minimum of one (1) year prior experience working in an expanded learning environment.
- Previous experience in music education
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with students, families, and staff of diverse ethnic, racial, cultural, educational, and economic backgrounds.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Reliable transportation and a valid CA driver’s license.
- The ability to fluently speak Spanish, preferred.
- CPR & First Aid certified, preferred.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team setting.
- Strong leadership skills in planning and implementing activities.
- Ability to successfully pass a background check (including fingerprints) upon official offer and acceptance of a position with WCPA.
Pay Range: $19.00 - $20.00: Final compensation will be dependent upon skills & experience.
- Environment: Office environment; fast paced work, constant interruptions.
- Physical requirements: Hearing and speaking to exchange information, make presentations and communicate over the telephone; seeing to read, prepare, and proofread documents and view computer monitors; sitting or standing for extended periods of time; dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and other office equipment; kneeling, bending at the waist, and reaching overhead, above the shoulders and horizontally, to retrieve and store files and supplies; lifting light objects; ability to go to sites apart from primary office to conduct business.
Quality of Life in the Central Valley:
Framed by the Sierra Nevada to the east and the Coast Ranges to the west, California's Central Valley is one of the world's most productive agricultural regions and the base of The Wonderful Company's agricultural operations. This vast area enjoys a moderate climate and offers residents a high quality of life, low cost of living, and a host of diverse cultural and recreational activities. From wine tasting and hiking to rafting, fishing, skiing, and surfing -- all within a two-hour drive -- the family-friendly Central Valley has much to offer.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.