JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery is located in the Paso Robles region of California's Central Coast. We operate with a desire to make world class wines that reflect the unique soils and climate of the area, and take great pride in making Bordeaux-style blends and single varietals, combining Old World tradition with New World techniques. We are seeking a Senior Accountant, Costing & Inventory to join the Accounting team. As a key member of the Accounting department, the Senior Accountant will oversee and analyze all costs related to wine production.
This position is responsible for producing detailed cost reports and analyses in support of operations and sales. The position is also the accounting liaison with the Inventory/Logistics and Production teams in support of accurate and timely inventory general ledger transactions. This position collaborates with and supports the operations, sales/marketing and finance teams with insightful analyses and suggestions for improvements. The right candidate for this roll will be able to work within tight deadlines and drive continuous improvement to deliverables and processes. This position provides an opportunity for an ambitious and fast learning accounting team member to join a company where the accounting team acts as a critical partner in support of a growing organization.
We work a hybrid schedule with an in-office requirement Monday-Wednesday and the option to work remotely on Thursday and Friday.
- Active role in month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing procedures, including preparing Journal Entries, general ledger analysis, variance explanations, and other accounting related processes
- Prepare monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance
- Prepare monthly operational reports explaining material, labor and overhead efficiency and productivity costs in comparison to plan
- Develop and maintain the financial cost reports necessary to fully explain standard and gross margin analyses and the variances to planned results
- Monitor and explain all manufacturing cost aspects including material, labor and overhead, price-volume-mix analyses as well as efficiency, productivity and spend variances.
- Work with the Logistics Team and IT to understand current reporting metrics, develop improved reports and fully understand inventory transactions as relates to the general ledger
- Acts as the finance lead for annual physical inventory and monthly cycle counts; work with the operational resources responsible for these processes to assure timely and accurate financial reporting implications
- Lead the annual standard cost development and roll of same
- Prepare and maintain standard adjusting journal entries with related support as relates to operational cost accounting and monthly inventory book to perpetual
- Assist in the preparation of year-end audit PBCs
- Assist Accounting, Finance, and Operations with ad-hoc requests and analytical projects
- Provide support in development of annual budget
- Continuously search for process improvement to increase efficiencies
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of the team
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word & Excel)
- Experience using Oracle Fusion, NetSuite, Ship Compliant and Avalara (nice to have but not crucial)
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize and work quickly/accurately under pressure
- Should be organized, goal oriented, energetic, team player and responsive
- Ability to quickly, strategically, and decisively take action in fast-changing, unpredictable situations
- Ability to plan and meet deadlines
- 5+ years progressive experience within accounting/finance with specialty in manufacturing cost accounting
- Wine industry experience is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance or a business-related field
Pay Range: $100,000-115,000 and may include a discretionary bonus. Final compensation will be dependent upon skills & experience.
- Competitive benefits package including Medical, Vision, Dental, 401k
- Continued training and generous Education Reimbursement Program
- Paid sick, vacation and holiday time
- Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) -- allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Company prioritizes wellness through its Wonderful NOW (Nourish Our Wellness) initiative, which provides a robust suite of wellness offerings such as access to mental health resources and life coaching, employee community groups, cash rewards for healthy habits, and on-demand fitness videos.
Located in Paso Robles, JUSTIN® Vineyards & Winery was founded in 1981 and is known for crafting world- class wines using Bordeaux grape varieties, including the iconic ISOSCELES® blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Merlot. The Vineyard estate, located at 11680 Chimney Rock Road, features a Tasting Room, luxury five-star accommodations at the JUST Inn®, and a Restaurant—making it one of the only wineries on the Central Coast to offer all three options. In September 2018, a new second location, the JUSTIN Downtown Tasting Room opened introducing an expansive wine-tasting bar, lounge, and a full dining room that’s situated prominently on the square along Downtown City Park in the heart of Paso Robles. In addition to its stellar hospitality, JUSTIN consistently receives top honors around the world, establishing itself as a leader in New World Bordeaux-style winemaking. JUSTIN wines are available through discerning fine wine retailers and restaurants throughout the United States, or directly from the Winery via JUSTIN’s Tasting Room, online store or to members of the exclusive JUSTIN Wine Society wine club. To discover more about JUSTIN, visit www.justinwine.com. We are pleased to share with you The Wonderful Company’s new Corporate Social Responsibility website: csr.wonderful.com.
The Wonderful Company is an Equality Opportunity Employer that provides opportunities for advancement. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce that embodies a deep culture of acceptance, equity, and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.