With approximately 100,000 planted acres in California's San Joaquin Valley, Wonderful Orchards is the world's largest grower of almonds, pistachios and pomegranates. Wonderful Orchards is a part of The Wonderful Company, a privately held $5 billion global company dedicated to harvesting health and happiness around the world through its iconic consumer brands which include Wonderful Pistachios, Wonderful Halos, POM Wonderful, FIJI Water, Teleflora, and JUSTIN Wine.
This position will be assisting mechanics and/or service truck drivers in preventive maintenance and repairs. Other functions include assisting with equipment fueling, cleaning & sweeping of shop, assisting in keeping yard organized and clean, cleaning & sanitizing equipment, and any other tasks assigned by shop management.
- Use safe practices and principles while working around equipment and machinery
- Assist with fueling/inspecting/servicing equipment in the field
- Perform general housekeeping duties of equipment, shop, and shop yard
- Uses wash rack steam cleaner and water to clean equipment
- Uses a computer machine management system (CMMS) to track repairs
- Assist mechanics with inspecting and repairing equipment
- Perform minor repairs under direct supervision of mechanics
- Assist with preventive maintenance
- Perform greasing of equipment unsupervised
- Assist with tire mounting/dismounting, tire repair and balancing
- Move equipment as requested
- Maintains assigned tools, equipment and supplies in good working condition
- Perform other related duties as assigned by shop management
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- No formal education or experience is required for this position.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred
SPECIFIC KNOWELDGE, SKILLS, LICENSES, AND/OR CERTIFICATIONS:
- Valid Driver’s License with clean motor vehicle report
- Effective verbal and written communications
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Knowledge of safety issues and uses safe practices in operating tools, equipment and supplies needed to perform the job
Pay Range: $17.75 - 18.35 plus bonus. Final compensation will be dependent upon skills & experience.
Wonderful's dedication to you:
- Competitive benefits package including Medical, Vision, Dental, 401k
- Continued training and generous Education Reimbursement Program
- Paid sick, vacation and holiday time
- Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) -- allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
Why chose Wonderful?
Wonderful Nurseries and Wonderful Orchards are part of The Wonderful Company, a privately held $5 billion company, which also has other No. 1 brands such as Wonderful® Pistachios, FIJI® Water, Wonderful® Halos®, JUSTIN® Wine, and Teleflora®. To learn more about The Wonderful Company, visit www.wonderful.com, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. To view the current Corporate Social Responsibility report, visit www.wonderful.com/csr.
- We nourish, naturally - We believe that what you put into your body matters. The most nutritious -- and best-tasting -- foods are those from nature.
- We play to win - Our employees set ambitious goals and meet challenges with unified purpose and unmatched energy.
- We act differently - With courage and fearlessness, we are relentless in our quest to inspire healthier. food and beverage choices. As a privately held organization, we have the freedom and the power to make quick and effective decisions.
Wonderful Orchards and The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.