Are you looking to kick-start your career in the shipping and logistics industry on a global scale with a multinational company?
Neptune Pacific Direct Line (NPDL) operates market leading brands in shipping and logistics services across 18 Pacific Island markets. NPDL is the largest carrier in its core Pacific Island markets operating eight container ships and servicing 18 Pacific Island nations.
We currently have a great opportunity for a Logistics Coordinator x 2 open positions who will be responsible for managing the empty container supply to our Customers (on-time, in-full, in-spec) to meet export demand in the most effective manner and also manage the flow of empty container returns from export destinations to their base in a timely and cost-efficient manner. The Logistics Coordinator will report to the Container Control Supervisor. Extensive training and mentoring will be supplied to get you up to speed and you will be coached by our team of experts in the field.
- Managing and maintaining the empty containers planning processes, inventory and supply.
- Tracking container stocks at origin and destination, identifying deficits and surpluses, and determining corrective action.
- Tracking container dwell times at origin and destination, identifying long-stays and deviations to container turn-times, and determining corrective action.
- Verify daily container movements are accurately recorded in the required tracking systems. This includes (but not limited to) CargoWise, Interport, LMS, ContainerChain, Daily Depot reports/EDI reports, Wharf reports, Monitoring of Load/Discharge Report entries by Agents. Ensure all EDI errors are cleared on a timely manner.
- Liaise with NPDL agents with regards to Load and Discharge Reports, Container Tracking Updates, Overdue Containers, Container Supply/releases/repairs.
- Providing support for inbound vessels to Fiji Ports by providing Discharge information for stake holders and clearing/transporting all empties arriving into Fiji Ports under NPDL control.
- Updating LMS with Container Movements accurately, clearing EDI errors etc in a timely manner.
- Organise and follow up the repositioning of equipment from location to location as required.
- Manage processes for off-hiring of equipment, ensuring caps are maximised.
- Inland haulage – arranging of transport by road Long-haul or Coastal shipping as required.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of all Equipment related PO’s and Invoices, so that costs are allocated correctly, and invoices are processed within the required timeframes.
- Other duties as required, including but not limited to work relating to other lines managed by NPT Agency.
- A tertiary qualification in Management, Finance or Supply Chain Managemen
- Some experience in an administrative role in data entry and stock inventory is desirable.
- Strong organisational skills, attention to detail and ability to prioritise competing deadlines.
- Process driven individual, with strong planning, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Clear and effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficient user in Microsoft Office Suite with advanced skills in Excel.
- Fast learner, with ability to adapt and learn new operating systems.
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment.
- Pro-active, team player with a positive customer-centric attitude
- Must have the legal right to live and work in Fiji.
- Competitive benefits package (salary plus bonus).
- Opportunity for development and internal mobility.
- Wonderful Giving - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice.
- Project Wonderful - Staff spend a day in the community helping with various projects.
- Company focused on wellness and health
Applications can be submitted online at the ink provided.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.