With approximately 100,000 planted acres in California's San Joaquin Valley, Wonderful Orchards is the world's largest grower of almonds, pistachios and pomegranates. In early 2015, Wonderful Orchards ventured into the Bee business with the intention of contributing to the long-term health of bees, investing in R&D efforts and further develop best practices for the industry. Wonderful Bees is growing across the nation! Our growth is exciting, but we can’t do it alone. Join us in this new venture as we look to expand and hire various roles! Wonderful Orchards and Wonderful Bees are a part of The Wonderful Company, a privately held $5 billion company dedicated to harvesting health and happiness around the world through its iconic consumer brands which include Wonderful Pistachios, Wonderful Halos, POM Wonderful, FIJI Water, Teleflora, and JUSTIN Wine
Wonderful Bees, a division of Wonderful Orchards, is currently seeking to fill the position of an Operations Specialist to support our administrative functions and business office operations. This position will be based out of Shafter, CA and reports to the VP of Bee Operations. The Operations Specialist oversees accounts payable, payroll administration, and labor coordination by performing the following duties
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Support various departments, including Bees’ operations, labor force, accounting, finance, and fleet management
- Record production of honey by tracking raw honey sales and inventory
- Support invoicing, and purchasing, and credit card/p-card reconciliation by generating and analyzing invoices and expense reports
- Organize and conduct annual new hire orientations for seasonal H2A employees
- Support full onboarding process for H2A hires, including coordination of designated work locations for crews and safety compliance trainings
- Payroll administration by reviewing and approving timecards and sending per diem request
- Labor coordination by collaborating with crew management to establish work schedules and ensure labor laws are being followed
- Handle day to day emails and inquiries
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Pay Range: $65,000 - $80,000, and may include a discretionary bonus. Final compensation will be dependent upon skills & experience.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Operations, Management or related discipline and 3+ years of experience in office/business development or related experience or equivalent combination education and experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting, and payroll
- Proficient user application in Microsoft office products – Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication and presentation skills required
- Ability to think analytically and using judgment for decision making
- Ability to work independently and in cross functional teams
- Ability to prioritize, adapt and multi-task in a fast paced, changing environment
- Strong drive to exceed goals
- Minimal travel may be required 25 - 35% of the time within US
Wonderful's dedication to you:
- Competitive benefits package including Medical, Vision, Dental, 401k
- Continued training and generous Education Reimbursement Program
- Paid sick, vacation and holiday time
- Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) -- allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
Why chose Wonderful?
Wonderful Nurseries and Wonderful Orchards are part of The Wonderful Company, a privately held $5 billion company, which also has other No. 1 brands such as Wonderful® Pistachios, FIJI® Water, Wonderful® Halos®, JUSTIN® Wine, and Teleflora®. To learn more about The Wonderful Company, visit www.wonderful.com, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. To view the current Corporate Social Responsibility report, visit www.wonderful.com/csr.
- We nourish, naturally - We believe that what you put into your body matters. The most nutritious -- and best-tasting -- foods are those from nature.
- We play to win - Our employees set ambitious goals and meet challenges with unified purpose and unmatched energy.
- We act differently - With courage and fearlessness, we are relentless in our quest to inspire healthier. food and beverage choices. As a privately held organization, we have the freedom and the power to make quick and effective decisions.
Wonderful Orchards and The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.