From farm to table, The Wonderful Company is a privately held $5 billion company committed to offering high-quality, healthy, and iconic brands such as Wonderful Pistachios, Wonderful Halos, FIJI Water, and POM Wonderful. We're looking to make the world a healthier place through an uncompromising commitment to the well-being of our consumers, communities, and employees.
At Wonderful, our calling is clear – to leave people and the planet better than we found them – starting in our own backyard. Learn about our philanthropic efforts centered around the people and communities where we live and work – improving education, health care, economic mobility, and environmental sustainability. As a global enterprise, our people are a guiding force for good. Together, we are grateful for the opportunity to make an even larger impact. This position the option to work out of our West Los Angeles or Paso Robles, CA. This is a hybrid role working in office Monday through Wednesday.
Are you our next Senior Tax Accountant?
Our Senior International Tax Accountant will play an integral role on our team assisting in international tax compliance including preparation of federal tax returns for our international companies and assist with various research and planning projects. This position will be exposed to a variety of other tax and business departments, and mentorship.
What our Senior Tax Accountant will do:
- Primarily responsible for US tax compliance for international companies including preparation of income tax returns and related income tax workpapers for CFC’s, disregarded entities, and foreign partnerships (Forms 5471, 8858 and 8865)
- Calculates quarterly estimated tax payments and extensions
- Prepares U.S. International tax provisions for foreign entities
- Reviews foreign tax returns and tax provisions prepared by outside firms
- Prepares Country-by-Country reports for international companies
- Assists in preparation of forms and calculations for Foreign Tax Credits, Global Intangible Low-Taxed Income (GILTI), Subpart F and Section 956 Inclusions
- Stays current with and interprets new tax regulations, performs tax research as needed
- Evaluates tax positions, proposes solutions, and escalates issues to tax managers
- Advises the business with respect to tax matters and acts as first point of contact for internal departments
- Evaluates and recommends tax process changes as new reporting or compliance requirements arise
- Responds to information requests from various tax authorities
- Assists in international tax audits
- Conducts research and provides international tax advice to business units regarding income tax and transactional tax (GST, VAT) issues
- Assists with assessing tax impacts for mergers and acquisitions
- Supports tax special projects on an ad-hoc basis
How our Tax Team is above the rest:
- Expanded long tenured team by creating additional positions (like this one)
- Opportunity to work across 6 different industries located around the world and to interact with executives throughout the organization
- Work under an executive that focuses on employee development, team synergy, and being a best in class tax department
- Be a part of a dynamic international tax team that works to helps each other across the finish line
- Have access to robust research and continuing education (local or out of state)
- Opportunity to learn and grow without demand of public accounting hours and chargeability
- Opportunity for international travel
Are you the right fit for this role?
Skills & experience that are necessary as our Senior Tax Accountant will include, but not limited to:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, economics, or finance related field
- CPA is preferred, Master's in Taxation a plus
- 3+ years of tax experience at a regional or national firm; Big 4 is preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office with strong excel skills
- Working knowledge of GoSystem/OneSource or similar software is preferred
Pay Range: $100,000 - $120,000 and may include a discretionary bonus. Final compensation will be dependent upon skills & experience.
This position is eligible for best-in-class health care benefits, paid time off, 401k plan, tuition reimbursement, and participation in our Wonderful Giving program. To learn more about our competitive benefits package, please see our “Employee Perks” section below.
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental and 401k with match eligibility
- Opportunities for development and internal mobility
- Manager and leadership training, biweekly L&OD webinars, and eLearning offerings
- Companywide problem solving and continuous improvement training
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Company prioritizes wellness through its Wonderful NOW (Nourish Our Wellness) initiative, which provides a robust suite of wellness offerings such as access to mental health resources and life coaching, employee community groups, cash rewards for healthy habits, and on-demand fitness videos
Headquartered in Los Angeles, The Wonderful Company is a privately held $5 billion global company dedicated to harvesting health and happiness around the world through its iconic consumer brands. The company’s 10,000 employees worldwide are committed to bringing consumers everywhere the freshest, most wholesome pistachios, citrus and pomegranates; bottling the finest water and wines; and creating colorful bouquets that are sure to touch the heart. This commitment is reflected in the company’s market share: Wonderful Pistachios is America’s No. 1 tree nut and America’s fastest-growing snack; Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America; POM Wonderful is the No. 1 100% pomegranate brand in America; FIJI Water is America’s No. 1 premium imported bottled water brand; JUSTIN Wine has the No. 1 Cabernet Sauvignon in California; and Teleflora is the world’s leading floral delivery service.
The Wonderful Company’s connection to consumers has health at its heart and giving back in its DNA. The company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $2.5BN invested in education, health and wellness, community development, and sustainability initiatives across California’s Central Valley, Fiji, and the world.
To learn more about The Wonderful Company, its products, and its core values, please visit wonderful.com, or follow The Wonderful Company on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. To learn more about the company’s corporate social responsibility impact, visit csr.wonderful.com.
The Wonderful Company is an Equality Opportunity Employer that provides opportunities for advancement. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce that embodies a deep culture of acceptance, equity, and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.