At Lewis Cellars, we take pride in our daily winemaking operations and the partnering relationships we have established in Napa Valley to ensure we source the finest fruit and create highly sought-after wines for every vintage.
Lewis Cellars is seeking a highly organized Administrative Assistant who can adapt to changing business needs and collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders. Candidates must be detail-oriented with solid wine industry experience, outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to manage a multitude of needs and tasks.
Under the direction of the Vice President, the Administrative Assistant will provide administrative oversight to the winery as well as cross-departmental projects. This role plays a crucial part in supporting the smooth and efficient functioning of daily operations.
This on-site role is based in Napa, CA, and the work schedule is Monday-Friday with the exception of harvest season (August - November) when overtime and weekend work may be necessary.
- Performs administrative duties in support of the winery
- Collaborates with other business entities (JUSTIN Winery & Landmark Vineyards) and departments including, but not limited to, Safety, Finance, Grower Relations and Human Resources
- Executes purchase requests, and as needed helps in selecting or designing products, negotiating pricing agreements, securing preferential pricing, streamlining spend and tracking orders as directed
- Management of specific inventory materials and various supply budgets for each of the departments, providing routine or real time forecasting of spend to the Vice President
- Works with Accounting on invoicing as well as keeping all Point of Sale Platforms up to date
- Enhances SOPs and identify potential process improvement recommendations
- Answers routine calls and correspondence and routes mail to appropriate parties
- Leads or supports designated projects or tasks as requested
- Supports initiatives created by the Wonderful Way and enforce company policies and procedures, department operations, and partnership with other entities
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as hospitality, wine management, or business and five (5) years of administrative management experience
- Excellent communication and analytical skills with ability to relate to people at all levels from executive to line level
- Strong functional ability with Microsoft Office programs required, basic understanding of Procure to Pay workflow in ERP environment preferred
- Strong problem-solving, organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize tasks
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with a focus on fostering positive team dynamics
- Able to embrace transparency, collaboration and change
Pay Range: $28.00 - $32.00. Final compensation will be dependent upon skills and experience.
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental and 401k with match eligibility
- Opportunity for development and internal mobility
- Manager and leadership training, weekly L&OD webinars, and eLearning offerings
- Training in continuous improvement and project management
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Company prioritizes wellness through its Wonderful NOW (Nourish Our Wellness) initiative, which provides a robust suite of wellness offerings such as access to mental health resources and life coaching, employee community groups, cash rewards for healthy habits, and on-demand fitness videos
Since 1992, Lewis Cellars has flourished from a small family winery into a continually growing world-class winemaking facility in Napa Valley. We take pride in our daily winemaking operations and the partnering relationships we have established to ensure we pursue our production goals. Sourcing the finest fruit exclusively from Calistoga, St. Helena, Rutherford and Oak Knoll, our carefully selected varietal characters result in top-scoring, world class wines. To discover more about Lewis Cellars, please visit our website Lewis Cellars.
To learn more about The Wonderful Company, visit www.wonderful.com, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. To view the current Corporate Social Responsibility report, visit www.wonderful.com/csr.
The Wonderful Company is an Equality Opportunity Employer that provides opportunities for advancement. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce that embodies a deep culture of acceptance, equity, and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.