Neptune Pacific Direct Line (NPDL) operates market leading brands in shipping and logistics services across 18 Pacific Island markets. NPDL is the largest carrier in its core Pacific Island markets operating eight container ships and servicing 18 Pacific Island nations.
We currently have a great role for Accounts Payable Specialist to be based at our Suva, Head Quarters. The key function and purpose of this role is to ensure timely and accurate performance of a range of accounting and clerical tasks related to Accounts Payable (AP) function, as well as assisting with other accounting and administrative-related tasks when required.
- Monitor the relevant AP shared mailbox
- Receive and log all invoices without a Purchase Order (PO) in the Invoice Register
- Distribute invoices with no PO for approval
- Follow up on outstanding invoices and POs with the respective departments
- Once approved and received, update the Invoice Register
- Post approved invoices and file posted invoices in the unpaid batches
- Attend to ad-hoc payment requests
- Acquire statutory approvals for overseas payments
- Compile weekly, fortnightly and monthly pay listings and cashflow
- Reconcile weekly/monthly vendor statements and attend to the discrepancies
- Process weekly, fortnightly and monthly AP payments
- Generate remittance advices and hand over the compiled payment batches to the AP Supervisor for review
- Send all remittance advices to the vendors being paid
- Ensure all bank postings are done in a timely manner
- File paid invoices for 3rd party principals in a timely manner
- Attend to AP enquiries both from internal stakeholders and the vendors
- Process and reimburse staff expenses on a weekly and monthly basis
- Ensure all receipts and supporting documents are enclosed
Assist with any other accounting and administrative tasks as required
- At a minimum, a Diploma in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 1-2 years experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of basic accounting practices
- Proficient Microsoft Office knowledge and skills
- Proven knowledge of accounting software
- Have strong time management skills and high degree of attention to detail
- Self-motivated and capable of handling multiple tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to work either independently or collaboratively as needed
Experience in the shipping industry is preferred
- Competitive benefits package (salary plus bonus).
- Opportunity for development and internal mobility.
- Wonderful Giving - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice.
- Project Wonderful - Staff spend a day in the community helping with various projects.
- Company focused on wellness and health
If you are a self-starter with an interest in developing your skills in the logistics industry, then this could be you.
Application close on 12 October, 2023 and can be submitted online.
To be considered for this role you must have the legal right to live and work in Fiji.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.