We strive to make The Wonderful Company true to its name through our mission to bring positive, multi-generational change to the communities we serve by leveraging our business acumen and hands-on approach to Corporate Social Responsibility. The purpose of our work is to disrupt the cycle of poverty in the Central Valley of California through a relentless focus on the social determinants of health with an unwavering commitment to helping the region's children grow up with better opportunities than their parents had.
Our Central Valley Health & Wellness programs provide completely free comprehensive onsite healthcare to our employees and their families. Our educational programs reach students across 165 schools throughout the Central Valley, with world-class academic initiatives that support them every step of the way, from cradle to career. And our active involvement in the heart of our communities brings infrastructure investments and youth and adult programming that helps build a more vibrant and sustainable society.
Our approach is unique, with our owners personally overseeing these efforts. We are deeply committed to bringing positive, multi-generational change to the communities we serve.
Our work also extends beyond the Central Valley. Giving back and leaving the planet better than we found it will be our legacy. To learn more about our programs and read our entire Corporate Social Responsibility report, click here
What does a Strategy Associate do?
- Data Tracking and Analysis, and Insights (40%)
- Develop trusted relationships with stakeholders within CSR and company-wide through frequent, professional communication and reliable reporting. Be flexible in adapting to each team’s way of working, while meeting the key objective of delivering regular and impactful reports to senior executives.
- Aggregate, clean, and analyze data; produce Excel, PowerBI, and PowerPoint reports on established cadence, drawing data from disparate sources (Salesforce, HRIS, Charity Tracker, Epic, etc.)
- Perform independent analyses of both internal and external data (both quantitative and qualitative) to inform forward-looking decisions for program needs.
- Manage the survey lifecycle, including questionnaire development, programming, fielding, analysis, and reporting.
- Develop clear and concise SOPs for routine work and document changes.
- Maintain data privacy and confidentiality policies and procedures.
- Identify opportunities for further automation, efficiency, and accuracy in current data warehousing, tracking, and analytics processes.
- Strategy Projects (30%)
- Develop presentations to communicate trends and insights to team members at all levels, including in support of CSR Traffic Schedules.
- Conduct desktop research on leading social impact practices and identify opportunities to incorporate best practices into the current business context.
- Adopt and advocate for Way of Work (WOW), our company-wide commitment to Continuous Improvement, by identifying opportunities for process improvements and leading or collaborating on WOW projects.
- Manage logistics for 3 annual Wonderful Way retreats, including identifying vendors, presenting recommendations, organizing transportation, procuring supplies, and fielding logistical questions from participants.
- Support monthly Wonderful Way check-ins by coordinating attendance and reminders, taking notes, and sending emailed summaries after each meeting.
- Executive Support (30%)
- Manage the calendars and all travel arrangements for the Senior Vice President of Philanthropy & Education and Chief Operating Officer of CSR.
- Organize and maintain confidential files and records, including executive expense reports.
- Prepare office spaces for high-level business meetings involving executive leadership.
- Coordinate with facilities on matters pertaining to the CSR division of the Los Angeles headquarters.
- Work with a deep understanding of the high urgency, sensitivity, and accuracy.
Pay Range: $33.65-$36.05; Final compensation will be dependent upon skills & experience.
- Bachelor’s degree with 1-3 years of experience working in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment,
- Demonstrated success in analyzing data, deriving insights, and communicating insights in a way that inspires action,
- Experience coordinating events from start to finish, including managing logistics, drafting agendas, and fielding participant questions,
- Detail-oriented and passionate about information accuracy – with advanced Excel skills and experience cleaning and manipulating complex data sets and proactively identifying and solving for errors and discrepancies,
- Proficient in or eager to learn PowerBI and Alteryx.
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously and independently with minimal supervision
- Work effectively in a fast-paced environment under pressure, stress, or strict time constraints
- Effectively work well with a diverse group of people with different personalities
- Influence others via coaching and development
- Requires onsite presence
- Requires working in multiple locations
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Trustworthy and professional in dealing with confidential and sensitive information
- Superb interpersonal and communication skills, with confidence managing up and laterally, and the ability to adapt to a variety of communication styles across a large organization
- Flexible multi-tasker, with the ability to adjust priorities on the fly to fulfill urgent requests
- Comfort learning new databases, systems, and programs quickly
- Highly motivated and resourceful, with a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude, and a commitment to getting things done efficiently
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Passion for social impact, and using their talents and skills to help improve the lives of our students, employees, their families, and their communities
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental, and 401k with match eligibility
- Opportunities for development and internal mobility
- Manager and leadership training, biweekly L&OD webinars, and eLearning offerings
- Companywide problem-solving and continuous improvement training
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) allows you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Company focus on wellness and health
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.