Neptune Pacific Direct Line (NPDL) operates market leading brands in shipping and logistics services across 18 Pacific Island markets. NPDL is the largest carrier in its core Pacific Island markets operating eight container ships and servicing 18 Pacific Island nations.
The Senior Accountant is part of the team responsible for overseeing the Financial & management accounting and reporting activities of one or more of the NPDL entities in Fiji (that includes Williams & Gosling, Transam Fiji and Neptune Pacific. This role will be reporting to the Finance Manager, Fiji and will be based in Suva.
- Ensure monthly financial reports with variance analysis is prepared
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet account reconciliation
- Prepare yearly budgets for operational and CAPEX requirements liaising with other functions to obtain input for budget preparations
- Weekly bank flow reconciliation and cash flow management
- Contribute high level advice on management accounting matters such as performance, costing and pricing, budget adjustments to assist in the enabling of budget decision-making.
- Liaise with the Accounts Payables and Accounts Receivables functions and review outstanding accounts with the view of ensuring adequate cash flow
- Maintain Fixed Asset register and ensure annual verification of assets is conducted
- Lead yearly external audits and company tax including yearly returns
- Liaise with shipping principals and counterparts in group companies to resolve problems and reconcile accounts.
- Oversee cost savings initiatives
- Unwavering commitment to HSQE, health and wellbeing
- Ensures a high standard of performance management delivered, ensuring continuous improvement across all KPIs
- Identify potential improvement opportunities that arise. Where required, prepare reports that demonstrate the potential costs, risks and benefits of these opportunities
- Look at group insurance for all entities
- Flexibility to attend to finance related issues outside of normal working hours
- Oversee and assist with other financial ad-hoc duties
- Be a CA or a CPA performer with at least 5 years’ experience and a proven track record of managing finance operations
- Sharp in financial analysis and Strong analytical and problem-solving skills in particular analyzing and interpreting financial information.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
- A strategist and logical thinker and strong focus in process improvement and operations efficiency.
- Pro-active team player, ability to work in fast-paced team
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability to manage shifting priorities
- Highly skilled with technology and intermediate proficiency with Microsoft suite
- Competitive package (Salary plus Bonus)
- Opportunity for development and internal mobility
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Project Wonderful - Staff spend a day in the community helping with various projects
- Company focused on wellness and health
If you are a self-starter with an interest in developing your skills in the logistics industry, then this could be you.
To be considered for this role you must have the legal right to live and work in Fiji.
Applications close on 18th Februray 2024.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.