JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery in gorgeous CA wine country operates with a desire to make world class wines that reflect the unique soils and climate of the area. We take great pride in making Bordeaux-style blends and single varietals, combining Old World tradition with New World techniques.
JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery is seeking a Staff Accountant to join the Accounting team. As a key member of the Accounting department, the Staff Accountant will perform various accounting functions including assisting in the preparation of month end close, preparing Journal Entries, and other accounting related processes. The right candidate for this role enjoys collaboration with others, curios about business behind numbers, and welcomes working under pressure, and will be able to work within tight deadlines and drive continuous improvement to deliverables and processes. This position provides an opportunity for an ambitious and fast learning accounting team member to join a company where the accounting team acts as a critical partner in support of a growing organization.
We work a hybrid schedule with an in-office requirement Monday-Wednesday and the option to work remotely on Thursday and Friday.
- Active role in month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing procedures, including preparing Journal Entries, general ledger analysis, and other accounting related processes
- Conduct monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance
- Prepare monthly department accrual journal entry
- Prepare and send daily Cash Forecast to Treasury Department
- Post Bank ZBA transactions, bank fees and auto payment
- Responsible for Bank fee accrual and allocation entry
- Prepare and send intercompany invoices as well as intercompany reconciliations and confirmations
- Manage high volume AP inbox and assist Accounts Payable department with submitting, processing, and assigning invoices for coding
- Responsible for filing Inn Occupancy tax
- Assist Accounting, Finance, and Operations with ad-hoc requests
- Identify inefficiencies and implement lean practices
- 1-3 years of experience in Accounting, Wine industry, preferred but not required
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance or a business-related field
- CPA and/or public accounting experience preferred but not required
- Experience in winery operations, as well as associated compliance issues, is a plus
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word & Excel)
- Experience using Oracle, JD Edwards, Commerce 7, Ship Compliant and Avalara will be nice to have
- Exceptional organization, and documentation skills
Pay Range: $34.38- $36.78/hr and may include a discretionary bonus. Final compensation will be dependent upon skills & experience.
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental and 401k with match eligibility
- Opportunities for development and internal mobility
- Manager and leadership training, biweekly L&OD webinars, and eLearning offerings
- Companywide problem solving and continuous improvement training
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Company prioritizes wellness through its Wonderful NOW (Nourish Our Wellness) initiative, which provides a robust suite of wellness offerings such as access to mental health resources and life coaching, employee community groups, cash rewards for healthy habits, and on-demand fitness videos
Located in Paso Robles, JUSTIN® Vineyards & Winery was founded in 1981 and is known for crafting world- class wines using Bordeaux grape varieties, including the iconic ISOSCELES® blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Merlot. The Vineyard estate, located at 11680 Chimney Rock Road, features a Tasting Room, luxury five-star accommodations at the JUST Inn®, and a Restaurant—making it one of the only wineries on the Central Coast to offer all three options. In September 2018, a new second location, the JUSTIN Downtown Tasting Room opened introducing an expansive wine-tasting bar, lounge, and a full dining room that’s situated prominently on the square along Downtown City Park in the heart of Paso Robles. In addition to its stellar hospitality, JUSTIN consistently receives top honors around the world, establishing itself as a leader in New World Bordeaux-style winemaking. JUSTIN wines are available through discerning fine wine retailers and restaurants throughout the United States, or directly from the Winery via JUSTIN’s Tasting Room, online store or to members of the exclusive JUSTIN Wine Society wine club. To discover more about JUSTIN, visit www.justinwine.com.
To discover more about JUSTIN, please visit www.justinwine.com, or follow JUSTIN on Facebook and Instagram. To learn more about the company’s corporate social responsibility impact, visit csr.wonderful.com.
The Wonderful Company is an Equality Opportunity Employer that provides opportunities for advancement. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce that embodies a deep culture of acceptance, equity, and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.