From farm to table, The Wonderful Company is a privately held $5 billion company committed to offering high-quality, healthy, and iconic brands such as Wonderful Pistachios, Wonderful Halos, FIJI Water, and POM Wonderful. We’re looking to make the world a healthier place through an uncompromising commitment to the well-being of our employees and their families.
The Systems Engineer I is responsible for ensuring the availability of infrastructure to support IT systems including servers, storage, telecommunications, and network components. This includes monitoring the operating environments; responding to incidents, problems and planning for growth. The Systems Engineer I ensures that all security, maintenance, and operational protocols are up-to-date and followed.
You will participate in all aspects of IT project execution and day-to-day IT functions including technical innovation, change control and documentation, technology service provider oversight, end-user support, system requirement definition and additional IT operational tasks that are part of the system's maintenance. The tasks will be performed with limited supervision and assistance. Occasional evening and weekend work will be required for project and support purposes
This position will be based at our POM Wonderful office in Del Rey, CA and working 5 days per week in the office.
- Monitor and support of servers, storage, telecommunications and network systems
- Monitor, maintain and test the integrity of systems backups
- Manage the work of external vendors/resources as required to support IT infrastructure 24x7x365
- Execute the IT change control process during the execution of critical IT system changes
- Participate as required in the execution of IT infrastructure procedures
- Participate as required in IT project requirement definition, solution research, validation, implementation and documentation
- Rack & stack server and IT hardware in corporate data centers
- Develop and implement systems to automate IT tasks, enhance security, and prevent service interruptions
- Act as tier-3 (senior level) IT support as required for local and remote users
- Flexible schedule (some nights/weekends for events/projects; Longer shifts during peak production may be required).
- 40+ hour a week shift and an on-call schedule.
- One or more fundamental IT certifications (CompTIA A+, CCNA, etc)
- 6+ years related work experience
- Experience implementing, supporting and maintaining data backup systems
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills
- Microsoft Client and Server Operating Systems
- Active Directory Administration (User, Group, Computer, Group Policy)
- Experience with Administration of Virtual Machines and Cloud Solutions
- Working knowledge of networking and systems
- A working knowledge of data center processes and design (power, cooling, redundancy)
- Experience supporting Enterprise IT systems utilizing both internal and third-party resources
- Understanding of Enterprise IT best practices for security, standardization, availability, and support
- High level understanding of promote-to-production environment as well as change control processes
- Experience successfully managing projects with little to no supervision
- Organization skills and ability to work on multiple projects and/or assignments simultaneously
- Experience managing a combination of on-prem, hosted, and cloud-based systems
- Desire to continually learn new technologies and improve skill set
- Strong verbal, written, telephone and public relations skills
- Occasional travel to our offices in California is required
Pay Rate: $125,000 and may include a discretionary bonus. Final compensation will be dependent upon skills & experience.
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental and 401k with match eligibility
- Opportunities for development and internal mobility
- Manager and leadership training, biweekly L&OD webinars, and eLearning offerings
- Companywide problem solving and continuous improvement training
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Company prioritizes wellness through its Wonderful NOW (Nourish Our Wellness) initiative, which provides a robust suite of wellness offerings such as access to mental health resources and life coaching, employee community groups, cash rewards for healthy habits, and on-demand fitness videos
The Wonderful Company’s connection to consumers has health at its heart and giving back at its core. The company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $1 billion invested in environmental sustainability; $65 million in charitable giving, education initiatives, and innovative health and wellness programs each year; and $143 million toward the construction of two charter school campuses in California’s Central Valley. To view the current Corporate Social Responsibility report, visit www.wonderful.com/csr.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, The Wonderful Company is a privately held $5 billion company dedicated to harvesting health around the world through its iconic consumer brands. The company’s 10,000 employees worldwide are committed to bringing consumers everywhere the freshest, most wholesome pistachios, citrus and pomegranates; bottling the finest water and wines; and creating colorful bouquets that are sure to touch the heart. This commitment is reflected in the company’s market share: Wonderful Pistachios® is America’s No. 1 tree nut and America’s fastest-growing snack; Wonderful® Halos® is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America; POM Wonderful® is the No. 1 100% pomegranate brand in America; FIJI® Water is America’s No. 1 premium imported bottled water brand; JUSTIN® Wine has the No. 1 Cabernet Sauvignon in California; and Teleflora® is the world’s leading floral delivery service.
To learn more about The Wonderful Company, its products and its core values, visit www.wonderful.com, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The Wonderful Company is an Equality Opportunity Employer that provides opportunities for advancement. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce that embodies a deep culture of acceptance, equity, and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.