Wonderful College Prep Academy is a charter network in California's Central Valley committed to providing a world-class education for all students. The Academy's mission is to graduate students prepared to earn a college degree and to put them on a promising career path for life. We believe this begins with a nurturing, engaging, community-centered school environment where students develop a strong and well-rounded academic foundation. Ultimately, this will prepare generations of leaders in the Central Valley who are critical thinkers and life-long learners.
The Academy's first school opened in Delano in 2009, serving students from across the Central Valley in grades 6-12. In 2016, we moved to our new, state-of-the-art college prep campus in Delano, and in the Fall of 2017, we added an elementary school in Delano and opened a second charter school in Lost Hills. In Delano, we serve over 1,800 students in grades TK-12, while in Lost Hills, we serve over 400 students in grades TK-12.
Our students have access to technology in all grades, from hands-on STEM learning for younger students in a fully equipped "maker's space" to school-provided laptops for older students. The Academy aims to provide every opportunity for our students that often is not found in public or charter schools, including the ability to graduate from high school with a free Associate Degree. Through a unique partnership with Bakersfield College, our students enroll in college classes starting in 9th grade and complete all their A-G requirements, in addition to their AS Degree requirements over four years. In addition, all graduates are eligible to earn a four-year renewable college scholarship through the generous support of Lynda and Stewart Resnick.
We seek thoughtful, inclusive, skilled communicators, and creative problem-solvers who value continuous learning and are excited to serve our students and families. Now is the time to join a team making enduring change within the Central Valley of California and beyond!
Click here to learn more about the Wonderful Company's other great philanthropic partnerships.
We are in search of a GEARUP Part-Time Coordinator to serve as manager for one of the GEAR UP sites in Sanger, CA. This role will report to the GEAR UP Director and is based at Sanger West High School. This position will oversee the GEAR UP Success Coach and GEAR Tutors and be a point of contact for Sanger West Admin staff.
This role is contingent upon funding and will be renewed on an annual basis. Regular daily hours will be Monday/Wednesday/Friday: 9:30 am-4:00 pm with a 30-minute lunch and Tuesday/Thursday: 10:00 am-4:00 pm with a 30-minute lunch, totaling 29 hours weekly. The schedule may alter on certain days due to field trips in the year.
This position works with the GEAR UP Director and Sanger West Admin on a daily basis regarding the structure of day at Sanger West High School, student progress, staff oversight, planning trips, and communicating with families and students, etc.
- Responsible for all programming for off-site field trips on a day-to-day basis. Support on-site summer programs as needed.
- Assure all paperwork is kept accurate including but not limited to attendance, class rosters, contact lists for staff and students, all registration forms, etc.
- Collect and enter quarterly academic data and create reports to track student progress.
- Serve as a coach, mentor and support to GEAR UP staff and students throughout the year.
- Chaperone overnight college visits and college camps during the summer (in later years of the grant).
- Direct contact with parents to notify them of anything regarding their children, including but not limited to, behavior issues, incidents, accomplishments, etc.
- Partner with school teachers and Admin to ensure academic support and success of students.
- Promotes student participation in ALL GEAR UP activities.
Organizes and leads various small and large group activities, including supporting the GEAR UP Success Coach during lunch-time tabling events, family workshops, field trips, and lunch and afterschool tutoring sessions.
Leads GEAR UP staff at Sanger West high school. Takes initiative and connects with team internally on a weekly basis. Provides feedback and guidance to team regarding tasks, projects, and workload.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- A minimum of two years of experience working with youth.
- Experience working in low-income, Latino (ideally rural/agricultural) communities.
- California driver's license.
- Applicant must have an energetic personality that reflects a love of children, can understand, and meet their wide variety of needs, and is creative and fun.
- Ability to work as a team member with other GEAR UP staff and adult staff members.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Fluency in Spanish (preferred but not required).
- Experience supervising staff/teams (preferred)
- Environment: Office environment; fast-paced work, constant interruptions.
- Physical requirements: Hearing and speaking to exchange information, make presentations and communicate over the telephone; seeing to read, prepare, and proofread documents and view computer monitors; sitting or standing for extended periods; dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and other office equipment; kneeling, bending at the waist, and reaching overhead, above the shoulders and horizontally, to retrieve and store files and supplies; lifting light objects; ability to go to sites apart from primary office to conduct business.
Quality of Life in the Central Valley:
Framed by the Sierra Nevada to the east and the Coast Ranges to the west, California's Central Valley is one of the world's most productive agricultural regions and the base of The Wonderful Company's agricultural operations. This vast area enjoys a moderate climate and offers residents a high quality of life, low cost of living, and a host of diverse cultural and recreational activities. From wine tasting and hiking to rafting, fishing, skiing, and surfing -- all within a two-hour drive -- the family-friendly Central Valley has much to offer.
Wonderful College Prep Academy is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.