Wonderful Citrus is America's largest integrated grower, shipper and packer of fresh citrus, including clementine/mandarin, navel and Valencia oranges; lemons; limes; grapefruits; and other citrus varieties. Wonderful Citrus owns, cultivates and harvests more than 58,000 acres of fresh citrus and ships around the world each year to ensure a year-round supply. Our citrus can be found in all channels of distribution, with our consumer brands most visible in the produce department of grocery stores across America under the flagship consumer brands of Wonderful Halos mandarins and Wonderful Sweet Scarletts Texas Red grapefruit.
The Receiving Clerk starts the receiving process which consists of checking harvest ticket information and providing identification tags to truck drivers. The clerk will also check in and track every load that is loaded and unloaded into APEX software and create tags through Oracle.
Here’s what you’ll do:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Signing in and out of truck drivers and completing appropriate paperwork
- Create tags for each truck
- Create maps for fruit in the degreening rooms
- Check bins for any damaged fruit
- Update board with number of bins received hourly and by the end of the day update totals and place maps
- May perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table:
- One to three years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing/food processing environment
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Trade school/occupational training desired but not required
- Ability to read and write English well enough to effectively execute duties
- Ability to do general mathematical functions using addition, subtraction, multiplication and division with high degree of accuracy
- Ability to file and recall material in a standard filing system
- Must be computer literate
- Must be able to work in a production environment with several other staff
- Answer the telephone in a professional manner
- Bi-lingual, English/Spanish desirable
- Willing to work long hours if needed
- Shipping, receiving, warehousing experience preferable
- Customer service oriented
Wonderful Citrus is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4 billion company with 9,000 employees worldwide. We've made Wonderful Pistachios one of America's top-selling salty snacks. We've turned pomegranates and POM Wonderful into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America. FIJI Water is the No. 1 premium bottled water in America. JUSTIN Wine produces California's top-selling, high-end Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora is the world's largest flower delivery service.
The Wonderful Company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California's Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that provides opportunities for advancement. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce that embodies a deep culture of acceptance, equity, and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.