At Lewis Cellars, we take pride in our daily winemaking operations and the partnering relationships we have established in Napa Valley to ensure we source the finest fruit and create highly sought-after wines for every vintage.
In this role, two world-class brands come together, both dedicated to growing and sourcing ultra-premium winegrapes from Sonoma Coast to Napa Valley. Both Lewis Cellars and Landmark Vineyards pride themselves in the partnering relationships that have provided the finest fruit across all valleys: Napa, Sonoma and Russian River dating back to the early 90s. We’ve expanded both our knowledge of viticulture in this unique region as well as recently acquiring our own three Estate Vineyards.
We are seeking an experienced Grower Relations Manager who appreciates working in the business while working on the business. In this newly created position, you will work under direction of the Sr. Director of Grower Relations and have the opportunity to learn and partner with an experienced Grower Relations Manager. You will be responsible for sourcing premium winegrapes throughout the ‘North Coast’ spanning from Sonoma County to Napa County. Bringing new quality sources and relationships to the team while ensuring existing relationships receive undivided attention is a must.
- Execute contracts and administration needs while working and informing team of changes and staying within budget
- Support our Vineyard Department with oversight of our three Estate vineyards and ensure compliance, quality and timely viticultural activities are achieved
- Manage the annual grape supply need for the Lewis & Landmark wine division; negotiate contracts and execution to fulfill program needs
- Guarantee viticulture standards are met within contract parameters and work with Growers to mutually achieve our high quality, hand-harvested expectations
- Responsible for directing and overseeing general growing activities from pruning to harvest for contracted Growers or Management Companies at your discretion
- Responsible for making discretionary farming recommendations for both Growers and Estate vineyards on behalf of the Company to ensure wine quality expectations are met
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and pursue new methods based upon trial work
- Support Growers’ inquiries related to seasonal practices such as timing of shoot-thinning, canopy management and crop thinning
- Oversees annual crop forecasting & grape maturity sampling for Growers and Estate Vineyards. Hold timely discussions with Growers related to harvest estimates, potential contracts over supply and our needs
- In collaboration with the Sr. Director of Grower Relations, assist with harvest scheduling and logistics.
- Ensure trucking logistics and macro bin supply are maintained; report harvest weights and communicate with growers our day-to-day needs and capabilities
- Work closely with Winemaking Team to evaluate vineyards and wines Reviewing and scoring annual vintage lots with Winemaking Team; share and discuss with Growers how their vineyards performed and position yourself to prepare for next growing season
- Responsible for hiring and managing 1-2 seasonal harvest employees.
- Provide a supportive and safe working environment for your team while ensuring the daily tasks are being addressed
- Encouraged to participate and attend regional and state-wide educational events within the wine industry to grow your network and share new finding
- Champion WOW (Way of Work), the company's continuous improvement program
- 3-5 years of viticulture expertise and 2 years supervisory experience.
- Grape contract negotiating experience
- A background in agriculture is preferred with experience in having worked within the wine industry on either the vineyard or cellar production side
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Viticulture, Agricultural Business, Enology or related field
- Proficient in Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Office programs
- Must have a current Driver’s License and clear DMV record
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and team-building skills
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Ability to work outdoors in extreme weather conditions and challenging terrain
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing in English. Bilingual is a plus
Pay Range: $108,000 - $120,000 and may include a discretionary bonus. Final compensation will be dependent upon skills & experience.
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental and 401k with match eligibility
- Opportunities for development and internal mobility
- Manager and leadership training, biweekly L&OD webinars, and eLearning offerings
- Companywide problem solving and continuous improvement training
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Company prioritizes wellness through its Wonderful NOW (Nourish Our Wellness) initiative, which provides a robust suite of wellness offerings such as access to mental health resources and life coaching, employee community groups, cash rewards for healthy habits, and on-demand fitness videos
Lewis Cellars is a premium, family-run, Napa-based winery that specializes in Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Syrah, Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc. Established in 1992 by Randy and Debbie Lewis and was later joined by their son Dennis in 1999, the winery remains hands-on with an intimate feel. Lewis Cellars has an established pedigree - the 2013 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon was #1 on Wine Spectator’s Wine of the Year list in 2016. The winery focuses on cultivating both vineyards and relationships and emphasizes the importance of the journey from grape-to-glass with the goal of crafting world-class wines.
To learn more about Lewis Cellars, please visit www.lewiscellars.com, or follow Lewis Cellars on Facebook and Instagram. To learn more about the company’s corporate social responsibility impact, visit csr.wonderful.com.
The Wonderful Company is an Equality Opportunity Employer that provides opportunities for advancement. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce that embodies a deep culture of acceptance, equity, and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.