Wonderful Citrus is America's largest integrated grower, shipper and packer of fresh citrus, including clementine/mandarin, navel and Valencia oranges; lemons; limes; grapefruits; and other citrus varieties. Wonderful Citrus owns, cultivates and harvests more than 58,000 acres of fresh citrus and ships around the world each year to ensure a year-round supply. Our citrus can be found in all channels of distribution, with our consumer brands most visible in the produce department of grocery stores across America under the flagship consumer brands of Wonderful Halos mandarins and Wonderful Sweet Scarletts Texas Red grapefruit.
As a Production Supervisor you'll operate in an administrative capacity, providing support to the Packinghouse. You will be responsible for the quality, production efficiency, training, evaluating, staffing and scheduling of manufacturing at TX1 Packinghouse. Additional tasks such as enforcing company policies, safety guidelines and processes and determining staffing levels to meet production demands.
Here's what you'll do:
- Provide regular performance feedback to plant manager.
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure customer deadlines are met.
- Prepare reports from supporting data for posting and/or presenting.
- Verify all monitoring charts on critical equipment.
- Analyze and resolve work problems or assist workers in solving work problems.
- Support and explain reasoning for decisions.
- Responsible for employee time and production records.
- Ability to manage frequent schedule changes or unexpected events.
- Support and enforce all company policies, procedures and safety guidelines.
FOOD SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
- The employee shall take all reasonable measures and precautions to ensure compliance with 21CFR 110.
- Disease Control: Any employee who, by medical examination or supervisory observation, is shown to have, or appears to have, an illness, open lesion, including boils, sores, or infected wounds, or any other abnormal source of microbial contamination by which there is a reasonable possibility of food, food-contact surfaces, or food packaging materials becoming contaminated, shall be excluded from any operations which may be expected to result in such contamination until the condition is corrected.
- Cleanliness: All employees working in direct contact with food, food-contact surfaces, and food-packaging materials shall conform to hygienic practices while on duty to the extent necessary to protect against contamination of food.
- Be aware of and comply with current good manufacturing practices regarding; proper food handling techniques, food-protection principles, the danger of poor personal hygiene and unsanitary practices
- This job has an entire shift reporting to it. This position is required to verify and make corrections/adjustments to time cards weekly. This position is also required to work out any major employee disputes when the plant manager is unavailable.
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 3-6 months' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Have adequate leadership and communication skills to direct, schedule and coordinate personnel and services.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office systems (specifically Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Excellent spelling, grammar, and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and genuine desire to help and assist employees at all levels
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Be able to compute rate, ratio and percent; draw and interpret graphs
- Must possess excellent mathematical skills such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, MSDS, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Write routine reports and correspondence.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be frequently required to; stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, speak, hear, taste and smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. This position may require long hours including working weekends and nights.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- As a member of the production team, this employee will be working in a manufacturing environment and therefore, may occasionally be exposed to fumes, reagents and solvents, or airborne particles. This environment may also be noisy, hot or cold. The ability to stand for long periods of time is essential. Safety glasses, hearing protection and other personal protective equipment must be worn as specified in designated areas.
Here's what we'll bring to the table:
- Wonderful Giving - a one-of-kind program that donates company money to charities close to our employees' hearts
- Employee college tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral program
- Full benefits package - Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, company matching and annual catch-up, Employee Assistance Program, company-paid life insurance (spouse and dependents to age 26), life insurance, AD&D insurance, flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
Wonderful Citrus is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4 billion company with 9,000 employees worldwide. We've made Wonderful Pistachios one of America's top-selling salty snacks. We've turned pomegranates and POM Wonderful into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America. FIJI Water is the No. 1 premium bottled water in America. JUSTIN Wine produces California's top-selling, high-end Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora is the world's largest flower delivery service.
The Wonderful Company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California's Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that provides opportunities for advancement. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce that embodies a deep culture of acceptance, equity, and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.