Wonderful Citrus is America's largest integrated grower, shipper and packer of fresh citrus, including clementine/mandarin, navel and Valencia oranges; lemons; limes; grapefruits; and other citrus varieties. Wonderful Citrus owns, cultivates and harvests more than 58,000 acres of fresh citrus and ships around the world each year to ensure a year-round supply. Our citrus can be found in all channels of distribution, with our consumer brands most visible in the produce department of grocery stores across America under the flagship consumer brands of Wonderful Halos mandarins and Wonderful Sweet Scarletts Texas Red grapefruit.
The Operations Supervisor is responsible for understanding all aspects of the Packing House operations from the time the fruit is received, processed, and finally shipped. This role is expected to develop individuals and teams to solve operational issues and motivate team members to achieve performance targets. The ideal candidate has experience within the agricultural industry, manufacturing operations, continuous improvement, and/or hands-on experience managing perishable products. Candidates must be able to excel in a fast-paced environment.
Here's what you'll do:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for achieving, sustaining, and continuously improving personnel safety, food safety, quality, line effectiveness, equipment optimization, personnel development, and financial results
- Responsible to maximize departmental production efficiencies while sustaining the highest of quality
- Collaborates with upstream, downstream, and support departments in coordinating production activities to meet operational and business goals
- Make timely and appropriate operational decisions based on multiple and varying factors (safety, time, fruit, staffing, budget, equipment, etc.)
- Maintain an 80% floor presence and 20% administrative focus
- Achieve production goals by maximizing Pack/Pre-Sort efficiency, fruit utilization and reducing product holds and customer claims
- Plan and manage the day-to-day head count and staffing requirements by considering operational requirements and labor costs
- Generate accurate production reports and analysis-based production rates and statistics
- Ensure team adherence and continuous improvement of all established operational procedures (i.e. shift start-up, production run, handoff, shutdown and cleaning)
- Manage the maintenance, cleaning, and operation of multiple types of manufacturing and packing equipment
- Identify, develop, and support continuous improvement opportunities
- Manage seamless transitions between one production shift to another as well as to the sanitation department
- Ensure monitoring of, and adherence to, strategic FIFO and WMS inventory functionality across facility and within outside storage facilities
- Manage day-to-day inventory systems, processes, and procedures to ensure achievement of key business results
- Report daily inventories and FIFO position, exceptions, and outages; determine root causes and implement corrective actions
- Coordinate inventory movement and storage across facilities; including external storage, as necessary
- Shift Hours: 2nd Shift: 3:00pm - 12:00am (Including Flexible Hours)
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Industrial Manufacturing, Business Management, or related field is desired, or equivalent managerial experience in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum 5 years of experience leading teams at exempt level, fast-paced, food manufacturing environment preferred
- High-level written and verbal communication as well as interpersonal skills
- Experience leading in a collaborative team environment that includes shared responsibilities, establishing and maintaining good working relationships with others to support team and company objectives
- Proven ability to empower the workforce and build strong teams through developing, evaluating, training, coaching and succession planning
- Ability to communicate fluently in English, verbally, and written. Conversational Spanish is highly desired
- Must be able to perform basic arithmetic and algebraic functions -- knowledge of statistical analysis methods desired
- Must be able to troubleshoot equipment/process problems, propose, and implement solutions.
- Experience with Oracle and Microsoft Office with advanced knowledge of Excel (pivot tables, formulas, charts, and graphs) is desired
- Ability to work on a day or night shift with a flexible schedule that often includes weekends and holidays
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize tasks and meet constant deadlines with strong attention to detail and quality control
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, and committed to delivering superior results
- Ability to work in a team environment where honest communication, a positive attitude, engagement, and personal accountability are expected
- Operational knowledge of food safety standards, regulations, and compliance, OSHA, technical certifications, and training, along with food manufacturing experience
- Ability to empower the workforce and build strong teams through developing, evaluating, training, coaching and succession planning
- Proven ability to deliver performance measures directly related to the business and competence to hold people accountable to such
- Excellent customer service focus and results-oriented
Pay Range: $67,000 - $80,000, and may include a discretionary bonus. Final compensation will be dependent upon skills & experience.
Here's what we'll bring to the table:
- Wonderful Giving - a one-of-kind program that donates company money to charities close to our employees' hearts
- Employee college tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral program
- Full benefits package - Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, company matching and annual catch-up, Employee Assistance Program, company-paid life insurance (spouse and dependents to age 26), life insurance, AD&D insurance, flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
Wonderful Citrus is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4 billion company with 9,000 employees worldwide. We've made Wonderful Pistachios one of America's top-selling salty snacks. We've turned pomegranates and POM Wonderful into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America. FIJI Water is the No. 1 premium bottled water in America. JUSTIN Wine produces California's top-selling, high-end Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora is the world's largest flower delivery service.
The Wonderful Company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California's Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
Wonderful Citrus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.