You may know us as FIJI Water, POM Wonderful, JUSTIN Wine, Teleflora, and Halos Citrus, but we’re all Wonderful – and we have a great opportunity for a Manager of EH&S - Process Safety Management. We’re looking to make the world a healthier place and ensure the safety of our facilities through an uncompromising commitment to the well-being of our employees and their families. We foster a collaborative workforce that encourages an entrepreneurial spirit and openness to change.
The Manager, EH&S - Process Safety Management will support the effort in bringing World-Class Environmental, Health, and Safety to The Wonderful Company by providing innovative EHS programs, tools, and ideas to protect our people and the environment in which we operate. The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of Process Safety Management (PSM) and be able to establish programs in compliance with federal and state safety regulations.
- Provide technical expertise in the area of EHS; provide consultation and technical assistance to our multiple companies and locations
- Contribute to the implementation of Process Safety Management programs and initiatives
- Ensure compliance across all locations with federal and state regulations concerning process safety management for hazardous chemicals, including ammonia, CO2, and others
- Conduct thorough hazard analysis, PSM inspections, and audits to uphold safety standards and regulatory adherence
- Provide guidance, training, and mentorship to our Business Unit partners and monitor site practices and conditions to ensure the professional development of internal resources
- Support developing, communicating, and implementing the Wonderful Company Safety Culture
- Interface with regulatory agencies and outside vendors as necessary to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Track and provide insight into common issues, trends, problems, and opportunities to reduce incidents
- Identify and implement best practices within EHS to uphold the highest standards in environmental responsibility, health, and safety within our operations
- Participate on internal assessment team; assist operations in addressing assessment recommendations
- Assist in the development of the EHS training curriculum
- Maintain knowledge of all applicable corporate, federal, state, and local regulatory requirements; identify potential impact on The Wonderful Company and its companies
- Review internal EHS policies and practices to ensure they are current and appropriate
- Facilitative management skills
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant EHS experience managing multiple locations
- Experience in the development and implementation of Process Safety Management (PSM), Risk Management Plans (RMP), and/or ammonia refrigeration experience
- Designation as a Certified Safety Professional (CSP) by the Board of Certified Safety Professionals, Certified Safety & Health Manager (CSHM), by the Institute of Safety & Health Management, Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) or Certified Process Safety Auditor by the Board of Global EHS Credentialing, or possession of other applicable certification
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Safety, Environmental Engineering, or related field
- Requires a sound knowledge of relevant federal regulations for industry: OSHA, EPA, DOT, NFPA, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of EHS Safety Management Systems such as OSHA's VPP, ISO, and ANSI and their implementation
- Has experience working with EHS Management Information Systems (e.g., Enablon, Intelex, Velocity EHS, 3E)
- Experience supporting effective incident learning via conventional models, including Human and Organizational Performance (HOP)
- Has experience developing and accessing companies against EHS Management Systems, including the development and measurement of leading indicators
- Demonstrate leadership, interpersonal skills, and ability to influence and/or persuade others
- Ability to understand and interpret written material, including technical information, rules, regulations, agency rules, executive orders, and laws; conduct tests and inspect work areas, machinery, equipment, and working conditions for compliance with occupational safety, environmental, and security regulations.
- Requires the ability to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) and meet physical demands of position such as walking, standing, lifting up to 40 pounds, climbing ladders and stairs, bending, squatting, and crawling in tight spaces to access work sites safely
- Must possess an acceptable driving record and valid driver's license - a background check will be conducted
- Ability to travel approximately 30%
Pay Range: $105,000.00 base salary and may include a discretionary bonus. Final compensation will be dependent upon skills & experience.
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental and 401k with match eligibility
- Opportunities for development and internal mobility
- Manager and leadership training, biweekly L&OD webinars, and eLearning offerings
- Companywide problem solving and continuous improvement training
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Company prioritizes wellness through its Wonderful NOW (Nourish Our Wellness) initiative, which provides a robust suite of wellness offerings such as access to mental health resources and life coaching, employee community groups, cash rewards for healthy habits, and on-demand fitness videos
Headquartered in Los Angeles, The Wonderful Company is a privately held $5 billion global company dedicated to harvesting health and happiness around the world through its iconic consumer brands. The company’s 10,000 employees worldwide are committed to bringing consumers everywhere the freshest, most wholesome pistachios, citrus and pomegranates; bottling the finest water and wines; and creating colorful bouquets that are sure to touch the heart. This commitment is reflected in the company’s market share: Wonderful Pistachios is America’s No. 1 tree nut and America’s fastest-growing snack; Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America; POM Wonderful is the No. 1 100% pomegranate brand in America; FIJI Water is America’s No. 1 premium imported bottled water brand; JUSTIN Wine has the No. 1 Cabernet Sauvignon in California; and Teleflora is the world’s leading floral delivery service.
The Wonderful Company’s connection to consumers has health at its heart and giving back in its DNA. The company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $2.5BN invested in education, health and wellness, community development, and sustainability initiatives across California’s Central Valley, Fiji, and the world.
To learn more about The Wonderful Company, its products, and its core values, please visit wonderful.com, or follow The Wonderful Company on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. To learn more about the company’s corporate social responsibility impact, visit csr.wonderful.com.
The Wonderful Company is an Equality Opportunity Employer that provides opportunities for advancement. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce that embodies a deep culture of acceptance, equity, and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.