At JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery, we offer guests the ultimate California food and wine experience. The Restaurant at JUSTIN is the only winery restaurant to have received both a MICHELIN Star and MICHELIN Green Star and most recently, a Five-Star rating from Forbes 2023 Travel Guide. We are proud to be recognized for our sustainability practices, one-of-a-kind dinner experience, and world-class excellence in hospitality. The Restaurant offers dinner service up to 5 nights a week. We are looking for a supportive leader, who is determined to build off our recent successes and continue to strive for further recognition. We are seeking an Assistant Restaurant Manager to join our team!
The Assistant Restaurant Manager is an experienced leader of all service operations at The Restaurant at JUSTIN. This position will assist the Restaurant Manager to efficiently run Front of House activities and teams, actively drive performance by achieving metrics of the restaurant, and continuously elevate the guest experience. This position requires a candidate with a very strong sense of urgency, attention to detail, sales mentality, and luxury customer service experience. Flexibility to work evenings, holidays, and occasional long hours will be necessary.
This is a full-time position, and the right candidate must have the flexibility to work evenings and long shifts.
- Supports and maintains dining room service delivery in accordance with Forbes 5-star service standards
- Engages guests in a warm, relaxed, and refined manner and is present at every stage of service (Welcome, Wine Service, Food Service, Surprise and Delight, Departure, Post)
- Ability to be hands-on and step into the roles of all floor staff
- Assists with the planning and execution of Restaurant/winery special events
- Supports the Restaurant Manager with hiring and training of all dining room staff
- Leads focused trainings for the team
- Resolves guest issues, upholding over 99.5% Customer Satisfaction
- Supports/facilitates all customer touchpoints, collateral, assets, and inventories of service items, including wine
- Sends nightly, weekly & monthly reports as required (such as covers, average revenue/cover, wine sales, total performance to budget, etc.)
- Builds, organizes, and reports on an award-winning wine program, updating wine list and menu offerings regularly
- Supports all inventory counts, including tracking breakage for all service items (glasses, plates, flatware)
- Delivers necessary food and wine metrics (covers, revenues, costs, margin, etc.)
- Works to conduct regular outreach with local hotels, restaurants, wineries, etc. as directed
- Assists with maintenance of the POS system and accurate data reporting into the file of record
- Continually educates on all new JUSTIN releases as well as JUSTIN Library wines, viticulture, and winemaking techniques
- Works hand in hand with the culinary team to create, update or craft menus – submitting format changes for approval to the Restaurant Manager and AVP
- Attends meetings, trainings and courses as directed by management
- Functions as a Manager on Duty in in the absence of the Restaurant Manager or in other departments as needed, or when assigned
- 1-2 years experience managing others in a fine dining establishment
- 2 years of wine sales knowledge is preferred
- Has an understanding of Luxury/Fine Dining Standards (Forbes/Michelin); experience working at an accredited restaurant/hotel (Forbes/Michelin) is a plus
- Full availability, including nights, weekends, and holidays required
- Sommelier Level I (level II or III preferred) or willingness to get certified within 6 months of Employment (company sponsored)
- Serve Safe / Food Handling Card and RBS Certification
- Strong organizational skills, customer service, restaurant, and event planning/execution experience required
- Must be detail-oriented – pays special attention to all facets of the guest experience at JUSTIN
- Demonstrates a strong ability to work well under pressure
- A thorough understanding of food, including origins, prep methods and techniques, ingredients, and ingredient combinations
- Must be able to perform technical calculations, assemble data in spreadsheets and charts/graphs, and maintain budgets
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing in English, secondary language skills are a plus
Pay Range: $27.00 - $32.00 per hour and may include a discretionary bonus. Final compensation will be dependent upon skills & experience.
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental and 401k with match eligibility
- Opportunities for development and internal mobility
- Manager and leadership training, biweekly L&OD webinars, and eLearning offerings
- Companywide problem solving and continuous improvement training
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Company prioritizes wellness through its Wonderful NOW (Nourish Our Wellness) initiative, which provides a robust suite of wellness offerings such as access to mental health resources and life coaching, employee community groups, cash rewards for healthy habits, and on-demand fitness videos
Located in Paso Robles, JUSTIN® Vineyards & Winery was founded in 1981 and is known for crafting world- class wines using Bordeaux grape varieties, including the iconic ISOSCELES® blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Merlot. The Vineyard estate, located at 11680 Chimney Rock Road, features a Tasting Room, luxury five-star accommodations at the JUST Inn®, and a Restaurant—making it one of the only wineries on the Central Coast to offer all three options. In September 2018, a new second location, the JUSTIN Downtown Tasting Room opened introducing an expansive wine-tasting bar, lounge, and a full dining room that’s situated prominently on the square along Downtown City Park in the heart of Paso Robles. In addition to its stellar hospitality, JUSTIN consistently receives top honors around the world, establishing itself as a leader in New World Bordeaux-style winemaking. JUSTIN wines are available through discerning fine wine retailers and restaurants throughout the United States, or directly from the Winery via JUSTIN’s Tasting Room, online store or to members of the exclusive JUSTIN Wine Society wine club. To discover more about JUSTIN, visit www.justinwine.com.We are pleased to share with you The Wonderful Company’s new Corporate Social Responsibility website: www.csr.wonderful.com.
The Wonderful Company is an Equality Opportunity Employer that provides opportunities for advancement. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce that embodies a deep culture of acceptance, equity, and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, region, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.