Teleflora provides innovative marketing, education, and technology to make sure our member florists get the resources they need to thrive, creating beautiful bouquets with keepsake vases delivered to your door. We’ve been a part of The Wonderful Company family since 1979, and with a nationwide network of florists, we’ve become the world’s largest flower delivery service. With more than 10,000 member florists in North America, we lead the industry by working directly with our florists to hand-arrange and hand deliver every bouquet!
Teleflora’s accounting department is currently seeking a highly motivated Staff Accountant to work closely with the accounting team to ensure the proper accounting and financial reporting for Teleflora LLC and its international entities. This position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, solid Excel skills, willingness to perform detailed work, be flexible and multi-task in a fast paced environment.
We work a hybrid schedule with an in-office requirement Monday-Wednesday and the option to work remotely on Thursday and Friday.
- Perform the month-end close activities including but not limited to posting journal entries, preparing account reconciliations and analyzing variances.
- Prepare, review and analyze financial statements for individual reporting units.
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations and follow up on reconciling items.
- Prepare intercompany reconciliations including intercompany loans and follow up with appropriate affiliate entity as needed.
- Assist with daily cash flow forecasts.
- Work closely with business units to develop and improve accounting policies, procedures and controls. Provide accounting support as needed.
- Assist with monthly, quarterly, and annual corporate financial reporting.
- Assist in the annual external audit by preparing schedules with supporting documentation as needed.
- Assist with annual corporate tax reporting and government surveys.
- Assist with quarterly debt covenant calculations.
- Maintain the GL account mapping and setup for ERP system and new financial reporting consolidation system.
- Manage leases using reports from our lease accounting software to ensure proper accounting per ASC 842.
- Complete special projects as needed.
- Be willing to learn different areas of the Accounting department in order to serve as a back up as needed.
- 1 - 3 years of Accounting experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Highly motivated individual with ability to multitask in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Excellent computer skills, specifically Excel
- Hands on experience with a major ERP system or Lawson and Hyperion preferred
- Strong cross-functional skills given the combination of accounting and operations responsibilities in this role
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a team member
- Ability to proactively identify, resolve and communicate issues
- Ability to prioritize and work efficiently
Pay Rate: $75,000 - $85,000 and may include a discretionary bonus. Final compensation will be dependent upon skills & experience.
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental and 401k with match eligibility
- Opportunities for development and internal mobility
- Manager and leadership training, biweekly L&OD webinars, and eLearning offerings
- Companywide problem solving and continuous improvement training
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Company prioritizes wellness through its Wonderful NOW (Nourish Our Wellness) initiative, which provides a robust suite of wellness offerings such as access to mental health resources and life coaching, employee community groups, cash rewards for healthy habits, and on-demand fitness videos.
Say everything and share your "Love Out Loud™" with the gift of Teleflora® flowers—all made by hand and delivered by hand by your local florist. With more than 10,000 member florists in North America alone, Teleflora offers the kind of personal touches, artistry and expertise you expect from a trusted neighborhood florist—even if that neighborhood is across the country. No prepackaged flowers in nondescript boxes dropped on your doorstep—Teleflora's network of professional florists creates artistic arrangements personally delivered in a vase, often on the same day. Teleflora makes every day an occasion with a two-in-one gift that includes a multipurpose keepsake container for long-lasting enjoyment. For more, visit: www.teleflora.com, or follow us on Instagram and Facebook and tag your own #LoveOutLoud moment.
We are pleased to share with you The Wonderful Company’s new Corporate Social Responsibility website: csr.wonderful.com.
The Wonderful Company is an Equality Opportunity Employer that provides opportunities for advancement. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce that embodies a deep culture of acceptance, equity, and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.