Wonderful College Prep Academy is a charter network in California's Central Valley committed to providing a world-class education for all students. The Academy's mission is to graduate students prepared to earn a college degree and to put them on a promising career path for life. We believe this begins with a nurturing, engaging, community-centered school environment where students develop a strong and well-rounded academic foundation. Ultimately, this will prepare generations of leaders in the Central Valley who are critical thinkers and life-long learners.
The Academy's first school opened in Delano in 2009, serving students from across the Central Valley in grades 6-12. In 2016, we moved to our new, state-of-the-art college prep campus in Delano, and in the Fall of 2017, added an elementary school in Delano and opened a second charter school in Lost Hills. In Delano, we serve over 1,800 students in grades TK-12, while in Lost Hills, we serve over 400 students in grades TK-12.
Our students have access to technology in all grades, from hands-on STEM learning for younger students in a fully equipped "maker's space" to school-provided laptops for older students. The Academy aims to provide every opportunity for our students that often is not found in public or charter schools, including the ability to graduate from high school with a free Associate Degree. Through a unique partnership with Bakersfield College, our students enroll in college classes starting in 9th grade and complete all their A-G requirements, in addition to their AS Degree requirements over the course of four years. In addition, all graduates are eligible to earn a four-year renewable college scholarship through the generous support of Lynda and Stewart Resnick.
We seek thoughtful, inclusive, skilled communicators, and creative problem-solvers who value continuous learning and who are excited to serve our students and families. Now is the time to join a team making enduring change within the Central Valley of California and beyond!
Click here to learn more about the Wonderful Company's other great philanthropic partnerships.
The Food Service Chef plays a pivotal role in supporting the efficient operation of food services across multiple school sites. Responsibilities include ensuring safety, sanitation, financial compliance, and adherence to federal, state, local, and organizational standards. The Food Service Chef will oversee the implementation of mandated nutritional needs, perform professional cooking duties, and direct and supervise facility personnel. Maintaining suitable inventory, overseeing production, ensuring quality, and communicating effectively to team members and the school community are essential components of this role. Join us in making a difference in the culinary experience while upholding the highest standards in safety, nutrition, and compliance.
- Direct food preparation, ensuring adherence to standard menus, recipes, and safety regulations.
- Foster creativity by developing new recipes, facilitating idea exchange among kitchen sites, and maximizing the use of government commodities.
- Manage procurement of food, supplies, equipment, and services, ensuring proper storage and authorized use.
- Collaborate on creating standard operating procedures for ordering, receiving, dietary restrictions, and inventory management.
- Ensure all foodservice personnel have proper orientation, training, records, evaluations, and adherence to health and safety standards.
- Provide ongoing safety and sanitation training, conducting daily facility inspections to maintain compliance with established standards.
- Implement new government standards, regulations, and district policies for special nutritional programs, updating related documentation.
- Evaluate equipment utilization, workload, and menu planning, proposing improvements in food preparation methods, personnel assignments, and procedures.
- Evaluate nutrition services personnel performance through interviews, training, observation, and documentation.
- Prepare for administrative reviews, corrective actions, and Health Department inspections.
- Adhere to Meal Patterns, Standardized Recipes, Nutrition Guidelines, Procurement Standards, and Waste Management policies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Pay Rate: $66,560
- Culinary Degree or Certification required
- 5+ years of experience in a high-volume school food service program or a large institutional kitchen is required
- Serv-Safe Certified
- Customer Service experience
- Proficient in Menu design and Cost Control
- Demonstrated strong ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to establish direction, obtain commitment and execute appropriate logistical processes
- Exceptional attention to detail and be passionate about health and wellness through nutritious food
- Superb time management and organizational skills
- Experience working with computers including word processing, spreadsheets, and navigating the Internet as well as basic financial skills including budgeting, inventory control, fiscal responsibilities.
WCPA’s dedication to you:
- Free access to the Wonderful Wellness Clinic
- Free access to the Wonderful Fitness Center
- Company-paid health/vision/dental for self
- Voluntary 403b with company match
- Most positions are bonus eligible
- Subsidized preschool and college scholarships for your children
Quality of Life in the Central Valley:
Framed by the Sierra Nevada to the east and the Coast Ranges to the west, California's Central Valley is one of the world's most productive agricultural regions and the base of The Wonderful Company's agricultural operations. This vast area enjoys a moderate climate and offers residents a high quality of life, low cost of living, and a host of diverse cultural and recreational activities. From wine tasting and hiking to rafting, fishing, skiing, and surfing -- all within a two-hour drive -- the family-friendly Central Valley has much to offer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.