Wonderful Citrus is America's largest integrated grower, shipper and packer of fresh citrus, including clementine/mandarin, navel and Valencia oranges; lemons; limes; grapefruits; and other citrus varieties. Wonderful Citrus owns, cultivates and harvests more than 58,000 acres of fresh citrus and ships around the world each year to ensure a year-round supply. Our citrus can be found in all channels of distribution, with our consumer brands most visible in the produce department of grocery stores across America under the flagship consumer brands of Wonderful Halos mandarins and Wonderful Sweet Scarletts Texas Red grapefruit.
The Account Manager supporting Mexico will be responsible for assisting with the growth of Wonderful Citrus varieties and brands. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who is looking to leave their mark by growing the businesses, while collaborating with the Sales/Marketing team in Mexico and United States. This position will be based out of Monterrey, but partner closely with team members based in Delano, CA with travel to US monthly for team collaboration.
- This position will weigh heavy into the account management of small to mid-sized retail-based accounts
- Will be responsible for understanding inventory levels and fruit movement across the business to meet the needs of our customers
- Account Managers will have an expectation of volume movement driven by multiple channels
- This role will have contributions to the overall planning, programming, and execution towards the overall book of business.
- This role will be expected to have a heavy collaborative role with category directors to align on moving fruit volumes to these outlets
- The Account Manager will work in conjunction with other Account Managers to execute across multiple territory assignments
- There must have an understanding on the commodities being sold and have a comprehensive understanding of market trends which influence pricing decisions
- Must have great communication skills and ability to make decisions on the fly
- Provide real-time support and assistance in addressing customer issues and account management
- Direct the development of short and long-term strategic volume goals
- Develop and manage customer base and update regularly
- May attend trade shows as a representative of Wonderful Citrus
- Maintain contacts across Wonderful Citrus to efficiently leverage resource and realize new sales opportunities
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Sales and Marketing or related field highly desired
- Minimum of 5 years sales experience in produce, perishables or commodity products or as a grower, packer and shipper
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is required
- Self-motivated and has demonstrated an ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to work with others to obtain objectives in a high performing team
- Must have the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Sales and service systems development and deployment
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. (Verbal and written)
- Commitment to company values
- Must partner with management team to ensure the best possible service and effective communication to customers
- Microsoft Office and Sales Management Systems proficiency
- Must be able to write reports, business correspondence and to effectively present information and respond to questions from sales staff, vendors and customers
- Wonderful Giving - a one-of-kind program that donates company money to charities close to our employees' hearts
- Employee college tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral program
- Full benefits package - Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, company matching and annual catch-up, Employee Assistance Program, company-paid life insurance (spouse and dependents to age 26), life insurance, AD&D insurance, flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
Wonderful Citrus is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4 billion company with 9,000 employees worldwide. We've made Wonderful Pistachios one of America's top-selling salty snacks. We've turned pomegranates and POM Wonderful into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America. FIJI Water is the No. 1 premium bottled water in America. JUSTIN Wine produces California's top-selling, high-end Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora is the world's largest flower delivery service.
The Wonderful Company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California's Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that provides opportunities for advancement. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce that embodies a deep culture of acceptance, equity, and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.