With approximately 100,000 planted acres in California's San Joaquin Valley, Wonderful Orchards is the world's largest grower of almonds, pistachios and pomegranates. Wonderful Orchards is a part of The Wonderful Company, a privately held $5 billion global company dedicated to harvesting health and happiness around the world through its iconic consumer brands which include Wonderful Pistachios, Wonderful Halos, POM Wonderful, FIJI Water, Teleflora, and JUSTIN Wine.
Wonderful Orchards is seeking a Senior Accountant to support our Shafter, CA corporate operations. This position will report to the Sr Accounting Manager. The Senior Accountant will apply principles of accounting to analyze complex financial information, assist with audit requests, and prepare financial reports by performing the duties shown below.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in monthly closings including preparation of journal entries
- Trial balance analysis for multiple business units
- Maintain segments and account combinations utilized within the general ledger
- Perform routine general ledger analysis of accounts.
- Reconcile and maintain detailed reconciliations of balance sheet accounts monthly
- Ensure activities posted to cash and the GL accounts are reviewed and reconciled in a timely manner.
- Review/write reports using GL Wand and Tableau
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements, including cash flows, with variance analysis for various internal and external reporting requirements.
- Assist with financial consolidations, including maintenance of the consolidation program FCCS.
- Assist with the external annual audit including the preparation of various audit schedules and financial statements consisting of balance sheet, income statement, and statement of cash flow.
- Investigating and resolving audit findings, account discrepancies, and issues of non-compliance.
- Maintain various monthly schedules and accrual entries.
- Help support Wonderful Orchards business units through partnership, and preparation of timely, detailed analytical reports regarding costs, spend and variances.
- Participate in the development of data-driven, fact-based information to support decisions enabling productivity measures to reduce overall cost.
- Process and procedure review to improve accounting systems, programs, and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications include, but are not limited to the following:
Bachelor’s degree in accounting with 3+ years accounting experience
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principle (GAAP)
- Ability to work with detailed information, producing high quality deliverables, which are precise, free of errors, and delivered in a timely manner
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products with an emphasis on strong Excel skills
- Demonstrates initiative to learn about business and works to improve results
- Strong organizational and critical thinking skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing deadlines
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Oracle and Tableau experience desirable
- Ability to proactively identify, resolve, and communicate issues
Pay Range: $85,000 - $100,000, and may include a discretionary bonus. Final compensation will be dependent upon skills & experience.
Wonderful's dedication to you:
- Competitive benefits package including Medical, Vision, Dental, 401k
- Continued training and generous Education Reimbursement Program
- Paid sick, vacation and holiday time
- Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) -- allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
Why chose Wonderful?
Wonderful Nurseries and Wonderful Orchards are part of The Wonderful Company, a privately held $5 billion company, which also has other No. 1 brands such as Wonderful® Pistachios, FIJI® Water, Wonderful® Halos®, JUSTIN® Wine, and Teleflora®. To learn more about The Wonderful Company, visit www.wonderful.com, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. To view the current Corporate Social Responsibility report, visit www.wonderful.com/csr.
- We nourish, naturally - We believe that what you put into your body matters. The most nutritious -- and best-tasting -- foods are those from nature.
- We play to win - Our employees set ambitious goals and meet challenges with unified purpose and unmatched energy.
- We act differently - With courage and fearlessness, we are relentless in our quest to inspire healthier. food and beverage choices. As a privately held organization, we have the freedom and the power to make quick and effective decisions.
Wonderful Orchards and The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.