Wonderful Citrus is America's largest integrated grower, shipper and packer of fresh citrus, including clementine/mandarin, navel and Valencia oranges; lemons; limes; grapefruits; and other citrus varieties. Wonderful Citrus owns, cultivates and harvests more than 58,000 acres of fresh citrus and ships around the world each year to ensure a year-round supply. Our citrus can be found in all channels of distribution, with our consumer brands most visible in the produce department of grocery stores across America under the flagship consumer brands of Wonderful Halos mandarins and Wonderful Sweet Scarletts Texas Red grapefruit.
Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in verifying and keeping records on incoming and outgoing shipments, and preparing items for shipment.
Here's what you'll do:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Studies shipping notices, bills of lading, invoices, orders, and other records to determine shipping priorities, work assignments, and shipping methods required to meet shipping and receiving schedules.
- Oversee incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipments.
- Determines space requirements and position of shipment in trucks and lays out position of shipment.
- Determines legal load limits of trucks. Inspects loading operations to ensure compliance with shipping specifications.
- Inspects material handling equipment for defects and notifies maintenance.
- Directs movement of shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage and work areas.
- Prepares bills of lading. Issues written and oral instruction to subordinates.
- Maintains productive work environment by resolves employee grievances, providing constructive feedback and setting attainable expectations.
- Determines Shipping and Receiving hours that is tailored to seasonality’s and volumes.
- Report any order outages and inventory discrepancies.
- Give plant managers vision of upcoming pack needs for major retailers.
- Work with sales to keep a safety stock in inventory.
- Coordinate with shipping the rotation of inventory.
- Schedules weekly workforce to ensure operational coverage.
- Provides and ensures well Customer Service to all internal and external customers.
- Implements processes that improve efficiency and accuracy.
- Provides and ensures a safe work environment and reports any outages immediately.
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 1-3 years experience in shipping, receiving or warehouse.
- Experience in supervising others.
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Ability to do general math.
- Must have basic computer literacy.
- Customer service oriented.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish desired.
Here's what we'll bring to the table:
- Wonderful Giving - a one-of-kind program that donates company money to charities close to our employees' hearts
- Employee college tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral program
- Full benefits package - Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, company matching and annual catch-up, Employee Assistance Program, company-paid life insurance (spouse and dependents to age 26), life insurance, AD&D insurance, flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
Wonderful Citrus is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4 billion company with 9,000 employees worldwide. We've made Wonderful Pistachios one of America's top-selling salty snacks. We've turned pomegranates and POM Wonderful into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America. FIJI Water is the No. 1 premium bottled water in America. JUSTIN Wine produces California's top-selling, high-end Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora is the world's largest flower delivery service.
The Wonderful Company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California's Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that provides opportunities for advancement. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce that embodies a deep culture of acceptance, equity, and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.