Wonderful College Prep Academy is a charter network in California's Central Valley committed to providing a world-class education for all students. The Academy's mission is to graduate students prepared to earn a college degree and to put them on a promising career path for life. We believe this begins with a nurturing, engaging, community-centered school environment where students develop a strong and well-rounded academic foundation. Ultimately, this will prepare generations of leaders in the Central Valley who are critical thinkers and life-long learners.
The Academy's first school opened in Delano in 2009, serving students from across the Central Valley in grades 6-12. In 2016, we moved to our new, state-of-the-art college prep campus in Delano, and in the Fall of 2017, added an elementary school in Delano and opened a second charter school in Lost Hills. In Delano, we serve over 1,800 students in grades TK-12, while in Lost Hills, we serve over 400 students in grades TK-12.
We seek thoughtful, inclusive, skilled communicators, and creative problem-solvers who value continuous learning and who are excited to serve our students and families. Now is the time to join a team making enduring change within the Central Valley of California and beyond!
Click here to learn more about the Wonderful Company's other great philanthropic partnerships.
The Communications Manager for Wonderful College Prep Academy (WCPA) under the leadership of the Executive Director of Programming and Partnerships will assist in facilitating community program successes in the areas of strategic communications, brand management, and advancing the organization’s vision related to community programming and outreach. Specifically, the position will focus on a wide array of communication platforms such as the school’s website, social media, video, photographs, email blasts, and drafting and editing copy for publications, among other related duties. The objective of the position is to support the school’s Community School Program by increasing the organization’s visibility and communicating services to the school and surrounding communities we serve. The role will promote effective communications, services, and offerings with various educational partners including current students, staff, parents, and community members. This position will be funded through the California Community Partnerships Program (CCSPP) in efforts to promote our Community School initiatives and partnerships which include health and wellness programs, education programs, and family and community engagement.
*Position is contingent on program need and funding.
Essential Job Functions
- Enhance the branding of WCPA’s Community Schools initiatives, events, and achievements to our internal and external community.
- Assist with the development of a comprehensive marketing and communications plan for the school’s Community School program conveying a compelling and consistent message utilizing a variety of media platforms, including print publications, web, e-newsletters and e-mail campaigns, web and social networking sites.
- Develop, write, edit, and oversee the design, production, and distribution of all external publications for community outreach including the organization’s e-newsletter, announcements, and the school’s annual report.
- Ensure that graphic and editorial standards for school brand, identity, and logos are maintained.
- Collaborate with the Central Office Team to create promotional materials and events to promote community programming and efforts with the primary aim of informing students and their families, staff, and community partners.
- Develop and implement internal and external communication norms.
- Manage, develop, and maintain the school’s community-facing website, social media platforms, and all other related electronic media and web-based communication tools.
- Develop long-term media plans and strategic media recommendations, draft online media, draft staff new updates, and event announcements to support the organization’s various initiatives.
- Manage timing and content of communications to maximize outreach with current families and community partners.
- Create narratives that tell the story of WCPA and its efforts in the community.
- Analyzing campaigns and translating anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising social media, content marketing, and social advertising campaigns.
- Support all executive communications as needed.
- Manage the operational systems required to support and implement a high volume of outreach and engagement with a community focus.
- Support planning and coordination of WCPA-sponsored events throughout the Central Valley.
Pay Range: $65,250 - $85,000; final compensation will be dependent upon skills & experience.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; minimum of three years of professional experience in marketing, communications and/or public relations.
- Working knowledge of web design, content management and site maintenance.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of PC/MAC desktop publishing and word processing, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Illustrator, Publisher, Photoshop, among others.
- Superior writing, editing and proofreading skills. Ability to write in a variety of styles.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and manage a variety of tasks and deadlines.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends.
- Ability to read and write in Spanish preferred.
- Passion for working with traditionally underserved communities in high performance settings.
- Strong execution and leadership abilities including inspirational vision, goal-setting, prioritization and strategic planning.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, orally and in writing.
- Organized and self-managed, able to handle many responsibilities simultaneously.
- Excellent problem-solver.
- Proven ability to collaborate and build relationships with Senior Leaders, internal and external stakeholders.
- Self-reflective team member who is committed to ongoing learning and growth.
- Dependable and excellent at follow-through.
- Commitment to our organization's mission and educational philosophy.
- Environment: Office environment; fast paced work, constant interruptions.
- Physical requirements: Hearing and speaking to exchange information, make presentations and communicate over the telephone; seeing to read, prepare, and proofread documents and view computer monitors; sitting or standing for extended periods of time; dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and other office equipment; kneeling, bending at the waist, and reaching overhead, above the shoulders and horizontally, to retrieve and store files and supplies; lifting light objects; ability to go to sites apart from primary office to conduct business.
Quality of Life in the Central Valley:
Framed by the Sierra Nevada to the east and the Coast Ranges to the west, California's Central Valley is one of the world's most productive agricultural regions and the base of The Wonderful Company's agricultural operations. This vast area enjoys a moderate climate and offers residents a high quality of life, low cost of living, and a host of diverse cultural and recreational activities. From wine tasting and hiking to rafting, fishing, skiing, and surfing -- all within a two-hour drive -- the family-friendly Central Valley has much to offer.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.