In 1981, we planted our first vineyard with a mission to make world-class Bordeaux-style blends, but since then we've expanded our knowledge of viticulture in the unique region of Paso Robles. At JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery, we combine traditional Old-World methods like hand-harvesting and small-barrel aging in French oak with New World technology.
We are hiring a Cellar Worker II to join the team at our Chimney Rock location. This is a permanent full-time position with benefits (not just for harvest). The successful candidate is someone with forklift experience in a cellar. Under general supervision, the Cellar Worker II assists with racking, pumping, clarifying, and blending of juice and wine. You will operate and care for forklifts, filters, pumps, presses, hoses, and other cellar equipment and machinery. You will also help to check the temperature of tanks during fermentation, stabilizing, and storage. As a Cellar Worker II, you will assist in training the Cellar Worker I, as well as seasonal staff, as needed.
- Operate forklift at a competent level while adhering to facility safety standards
- Perform volume calculations for wine blending and wine movements
- Transfer, rack, filter, and blend wines as needed
- Mix tank as needed for cold stability
- Monitor temperature of wine tanks
- Sample tanks as needed
- Gas head space on partial tanks on a weekly basis
- Make chemical and yeast additions to wine as needed
- Oversee sanitation of cellar area equipment and tanks
- Monitor and replenish cellar inventory of supplies
- Clean, maintain, and organize barrels as needed
- Assist in set up and clean up duties, including cleaning of labeler parts, hosing down floors, and storing packaging materials
- Support with still wine barrel work
- Coordinate on all harvest duties
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Industrial setting with forklift traffic and public tour groups. Will be exposed to weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Two years' cellar experience required
- Forklift license
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English
- Demonstrated capability to perform basic calculations
- Proven success in applying common sense to carry out detailed written and oral instructions
- Strong problem-solving skills involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
Pay Rate: $18.00 an hour plus potential overtime pay during harvest season (August - Novemeber).
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental and 401k with match eligibility
- Opportunities for development and internal mobility
- Manager and leadership training, biweekly L&OD webinars, and eLearning offerings
- Companywide problem solving and continuous improvement training
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Company prioritizes wellness through its Wonderful NOW (Nourish Our Wellness) initiative, which provides a robust suite of wellness offerings such as access to mental health resources and life coaching, employee community groups, cash rewards for healthy habits, and on-demand fitness videos
Located in Paso Robles, JUSTIN® Vineyards & Winery was founded in 1981 and is known for crafting world- class wines using Bordeaux grape varieties, including the iconic ISOSCELES® blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Merlot. The Vineyard estate, located at 11680 Chimney Rock Road, features a Tasting Room, luxury five-star accommodations at the JUST Inn®, and a Restaurant—making it one of the only wineries on the Central Coast to offer all three options. In September 2018, a new second location, the JUSTIN Downtown Tasting Room opened introducing an expansive wine-tasting bar, lounge, and a full dining room that’s situated prominently on the square along Downtown City Park in the heart of Paso Robles. In addition to its stellar hospitality, JUSTIN consistently receives top honors around the world, establishing itself as a leader in New World Bordeaux-style winemaking. JUSTIN wines are available through discerning fine wine retailers and restaurants throughout the United States, or directly from the Winery via JUSTIN’s Tasting Room, online store or to members of the exclusive JUSTIN Wine Society wine club. To discover more about JUSTIN, visit www.justinwine.com.We are pleased to share with you The Wonderful Company’s new Corporate Social Responsibility website: www.csr.wonderful.com.
The Wonderful Company is an Equality Opportunity Employer that provides opportunities for advancement. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce that embodies a deep culture of acceptance, equity, and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, region, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.