Pacific Bulk Fuel (PBF) is part of Neptune Pacific Direct Line. PBF is a fuel, gas, bio diesel, and lubricants export company that delivers fuels, oils, and lubricants throughout the Pacific Islands and employs a team with significant Logistics and Oil Industry experience. We export to over 15 nations in the South Pacific utilizing our parent company and other allied shipping services. We deliver vessel, ground, and air fuels as well as LPG and lubricants across the region. With the additional advantage of the Neptune Pacific Direct Line Agency network throughout the Pacific, PBF is exclusively positioned to provide a cost effective and robust supply chain solution.
We're looking for an experienced Fleet & Commercial Manager to play a pivotal role in optimising the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of our organisation’s commercial operations. With an ability to adapt to new technologies and navigate regulatory environments, this person will be able to implement best practices as well as juggling our operational requirements.
In this role, you'll be instrumental in managing the day to day running of the fleet, which includes lease agreements, tank movements, R&M, sending units for testing, ensuring the fleet is the right size and all equipment is maximised to its full potential.
Through effective relationship management, you will be tracking and tracing units to ensure that they are returned to the correct hubs (NZ/Fiji/Singapore), managing our supplier and client agreements, and efficiently maintaining pricing and service levels.
As a vital member of our team, you will also:
- Monitor tank movements, and ensuring unit testing, repairs and maintenance needs are met
- Ensure the fleet is right sized and equipment maximized.
- Ensure H&S compliance amongst service providers.
- Impact overall profitability in a positive manner through cost management and accountability
- Champion our Health & Safety initiatives, maintaining relevant manuals & audits
- Monthly Reporting & Budgeting (in conjunction with the wider team)
- Compile annual budgets and forecasts
As an exceptional coordinator, you are a well organised and proactive team player, with very strong attention to detail. With strong technical skills, you will also have the ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and persuasively across all levels of an organisation.
Here's what you will bring to the table:
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in a similar position within the fleet & commercial industry
- Prior experience managing vehicles, heavy equipment, tanks, containers or similar
- An understanding of the complexity of tank movement, repairs and maintenance
- Strong organisational and managerial skill
- Experience with financial analysis and budgeting
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to work within a complex culture
You are someone self-driven to achieve goals - your high level of energy and dedicated work ethic makes you stand out from the rest.
If you're ready to bring your standout qualities to a team that values your communication skills and your drive to excel, we invite you to join us. Be the candidate who doesn't just meet expectations but exceeds them, contributing to our culture of excellence and innovation.
All applicants must have the right to live and work in New Zealand at the time of applying. The successful candidate may be subject to undergo a Police Check and/or Pre-Employment Drug Test.
Our NPDL/PBF Contribution:
- Competitive package (salary plus bonus)
- Hybrid working model
- Opportunity for development and internal mobility
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Project Wonderful - Staff spend a day in the community helping with various projects
- Company focused on wellness and health
Lead from the front in this dynamic role - apply now!
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.