Neptune Pacific Direct Line (NPDL) is the leading shipping company connecting Asia, Australia and NZ to the Pacific. We are experiencing a period of significant growth, building capacity and capability across our network. We operate 11 containerships, moving +240k TEU across various ports in 16 countries, in partnership with Maersk, CMA/ANL and PIL. NPDL is part of The Wonderful Company headquartered in the USA (including Fiji Water).
Part of NPDL, Container Repairs and Sales (CRS) provides full empty container services. In this fast-paced role, you will provide professional and effective support to Depot Management, Team Members, clients and transporters.
In this role, you will ensure the efficient flow of trucks through the depot and actively monitor the Vehicle Booking System (VBS) to minimise waiting times. You will be responsible for checking stock levels and promptly escalating any potential issues before a truck’s arrival at the depot. You must be able to keep on top of multiple tasks without feeling overwhelmed.
You are someone with a can-do attitude and strong attention to detail. With strong written and verbal communication skills, you are also:
- Adaptable and able to keep on top of multiple tasks without feeling overwhelmed
- Someone who enjoys supporting others whilst maintaining responsibility for your own tasks and outcomes
- Confident with communicating over a Radio or with Truck Drivers
- Committed to delivering the best possible service to our external and internal stakeholders is a must
- Able to operate with a high level of flexibility - there may be some travel between our CRS sites at Airport Oaks and Panmure required
We are committed to providing full training to the right person, so this could be a great career path for anyone with a great attitude and a desire to learn. However, experience in the transport industry, ideally in container/shipping, would be highly advantageous.
You will need to pass Ministry of Justice, ACC checks and a drug and alcohol test as part of our recruitment process.
Hours of Work:
This role is based in our Panmure Depot. A minimum of 40 hours a week Monday to Friday between the hours of 7.00am – 5.30pm. Flexibility to work overtime to meet operational requirements will be required, including rostered Saturdays from 7.00am to 1.00pm.
Our NPDL contribution:
- Competitive hourly rate with overtime
- Opportunity for development and internal mobility
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Project Wonderful - Staff spend a day in the community helping with various projects
- Company focused on wellness and health
If you are passionate about logistics and would love to build a career in shipping and learn from the ground up, then apply now!
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.