Wonderful College Prep Academy is a charter network in California's Central Valley committed to providing a world-class education for all students. The Academy's mission is to graduate students prepared to earn a college degree and to put them on a promising career path for life. We believe this begins with a nurturing, engaging, community-centered school environment where students develop a strong and well-rounded academic foundation.
The Academy's first school opened in Delano in 2009, serving students from across the Central Valley in grades 6-12. In 2016, we moved to our new, state-of-the-art college prep campus in Delano, and in the Fall of 2017, added an elementary school in Delano and opened a second charter school in Lost Hills. In Delano, we serve over 1,800 students in grades TK-12, while in Lost Hills, we serve over 400 students in grades TK-12.
Through a unique partnership with Bakersfield College, our students enroll in college classes starting in 9th grade and complete all their A-G requirements, in addition to their AS Degree requirements over the course of four years. In addition, all graduates are eligible to earn a four-year renewable college scholarship through the generous support of Lynda and Stewart Resnick.
We seek thoughtful, inclusive, skilled communicators, and creative problem-solvers who value continuous learning and who are excited to serve our students and families. Now is the time to join a team making enduring change within the Central Valley of California and beyond!
Click here to learn more about the Wonderful Company's other great philanthropic partnerships.
The WCPA Systems Engineer will be responsible for providing proactive, collaborative leadership in the development, execution, support, and evaluation of a robust and comprehensive information technology (IT) system across multiple sites focusing on efficiency and implementation of effective 21st-century telecommunication and technology practices that will aid Wonderful College Prep Academy in providing the highest quality educational programs and services. This position will support strategic planning and assist with developing system-wide policies, procedures, best practices, and yearly budgets.
- Plan, develop, direct, coordinate, and maintain a robust and comprehensive infrastructure, architecture, and program that supports the use of school-based technology and information effectively and efficiently in an integrated manner for both instructional and administrative functions
- Provide technology vision and leadership for developing and implementing IT initiatives supporting school system goals with emphasis on integrating technology-based teaching and learning in all classrooms
- Provide a leadership role in improving WCPA’s business processes and IT infrastructures to achieve a more productive, efficient, and valuable use of information and technology-based instructional and administrative investments within the system
- Work closely with the Academic team to ensure that technology infrastructure design supports the complex and dynamic data and assessment needs
- Provide technical oversight and institute controls for information technology contractual services
- Institute quality controls with IT contractors, consultants, and other partners who share in the oversight of IT
- Perform day-to-day operational aspects, including ensuring that information technology systems are fully operational and integrated where appropriate; overseeing IT purchases, implementation, and various related services including information security
- Serve as an advocate and agent of change within WCPA and work with various departments to assist in ensuring their technology needs are met in their respective areas of responsibility
- Work with the CFO to approve, coordinate, and control all projects related to the selection, acquisition, development, and installation of major information systems for WCPA
- Develop and maintain IT policies and standards for IT infrastructure and protection of IT assets, and ensure the integrity, security, and privacy of information across all sites
- Develop and maintain an enterprise-wide information system recovery plan to ensure timely and effective restoration of IT services in the event of a disaster or unforeseen outage
- Work with the CFO or CBO to negotiate IT service-level agreements with external organizations and monitor performance to hold them accountable, as needed
- Work closely with the Academic and Compliance teams to ensure State and Federal requirements and legislative initiatives, regulations, and statutes are met
- Provide strategic and tactical direction for information technology ensuring that the information systems infrastructure effectively supports WCPA’s vision and strategic plan
- Coordinate, integrate, develop, and maintain all databases, software, and applications; develop, implement, and update internal technology procedures and processes to ensure smooth and efficient delivery of services, as well as encourage effective and efficient management controls
- Coordinate the collection and analysis of critical information systems including student achievement data, human resources/labor relations data, operational data, and fiscal data to ensure the accuracy of information and the integrity and credibility of the organization
- Oversee employee portal (intranet) that provides employees 24-hour access to critical organization information, compliance, training, business, and professional development documents
- Maintain regular communication with all stakeholders to keep them informed of progress to resolve all outstanding issues.
- Other duties as assigned
Pay Range: $130,000 - $145,000; final compensation will be dependent upon skills & experience.
- 4-year degree or AA with 8 years’ experience in a related field
- 5 years of experience in a technical support role
- Knowledge of common classroom technology devices and software
- Experience with Windows and Mac operating systems
- Knowledge of network infrastructure and protocols
- Experience using an automated ticketing system
- A+ and/or Network+ certification or equivalent experience preferred
- Layer 1 and Layer 2 network experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Ability to use a variety of software programs and quickly learn new ones
- Experience with project management and effectively prioritizing and juggling multiple concurrent projects
- Experience working in a diverse K-12 educational environment is a plus
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Knowledge and cultural competence of the local student and parent community
- Highly developed interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Clearance of FBI/DOJ
- TB clearance
- Mandated reporter certificate
- Knowledge of Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) model
- Working knowledge of layer 2 switching concepts
- Working knowledge of basic routing fundamentals
- Working knowledge of Layer 3 protocols such as Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), and Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP)
- CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+ Certifications or equivalent experience
- Automation products (wireless access points, thin clients, RF scanners, and label printers)
- Ability to reach common ground and drive personnel toward ITIL best practices in a new and growth-oriented environment
- Strong knowledge of virtualization and storage technologies
- Skill in configuring and managing network infrastructure components such as networking switches and firewalls
Framed by the Sierra Nevada to the east and the Coast Ranges to the west, California's Central Valley is one of the world's most productive agricultural regions and the base of The Wonderful Company's agricultural operations. This vast area enjoys a moderate climate and offers residents a high quality of life, low cost of living, and a host of diverse cultural and recreational activities. From wine tasting and hiking to rafting, fishing, skiing, and surfing -- all within a two-hour drive -- the family-friendly Central Valley has much to offer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.