Wonderful Citrus is America's largest integrated grower, shipper and packer of fresh citrus, including clementine/mandarin, navel and Valencia oranges; lemons; limes; grapefruits; and other citrus varieties. Wonderful Citrus owns, cultivates and harvests more than 58,000 acres of fresh citrus and ships around the world each year to ensure a year-round supply. Our citrus can be found in all channels of distribution, with our consumer brands most visible in the produce department of grocery stores across America under the flagship consumer brands of Wonderful Halos mandarins and Wonderful Sweet Scarletts Texas Red grapefruit.
We are looking for a talented Maintenance Mechanic to join our team and help us maintain our equipment and facilities in top condition. Individual will perform preventative/predictive maintenance, repairs and improvements on industrial equipment in an automated food processing facility while keeping a high regard for employee safety, food quality and machine efficiency.
Here's what you'll do:
- Ensures self and coworkers are compliant with all safety rules and regulations (LOTO, fall protection, hot work, etc.)
- Perform uptime and downtime inspections, lubrications, and preventative maintenance
- Utilize predictive technologies such as thermal imaging, vibration analysis, and ultrasonics to gain an understanding of machine condition and estimated lifespan
- Troubleshoot and perform corrective work on all mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems within the facility
- Identify and execute improvements on equipment, documentation, work systems, and processes
- Collaborates with different levels of employees in various departments of the facility through face-to-face, telephone, email, and radio communications.
- Provide training and development to operators and other maintenance personnel
- Research system and component specifications using equipment manuals, schematics, parts breakdowns, online information, and vendor communication
- Dismantle and reassemble complex pieces of machinery in an efficient, precise and reliable manner
- Operates cutting, welding, and various other fabrication equipment to cut, form, and/or join materials
- Creates/modifies work orders in Computerized Maintenance Management System, and documents details of work performed
- Escalate technical, procedural, and personnel related issues to direct lead or supervisor as necessary
- Work with moral integrity on a consistent basis
- Must be open to work off shifts and a rotating 4x10 schedule including rotating weekends
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and on a consistent basis. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/ or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required
- Technical degree and three years or more of related experience and/or training in a production/manufacturing environment is preferred (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
Pay Range: $28.08 - $33.60. Final compensation will be dependent upon skills & experience.
Here's what we'll bring to the table:
- Wonderful Giving - a one-of-kind program that donates company money to charities close to our employees' hearts
- Employee college tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral program
- Full benefits package - Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, company matching and annual catch-up, Employee Assistance Program, company-paid life insurance (spouse and dependents to age 26), life insurance, AD&D insurance, flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
Wonderful Citrus is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4 billion company with 9,000 employees worldwide. We've made Wonderful Pistachios one of America's top-selling salty snacks. We've turned pomegranates and POM Wonderful into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America. FIJI Water is the No. 1 premium bottled water in America. JUSTIN Wine produces California's top-selling, high-end Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora is the world's largest flower delivery service.
The Wonderful Company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California's Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that provides opportunities for advancement. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce that embodies a deep culture of acceptance, equity, and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.