Neptune Pacific Direct Line (NPDL) is the leading shipping company connecting Asia, Australia and NZ to the Pacific. We are experiencing a period of significant growth, building capacity and capability across our network. We operate 11 containerships, moving +240k TEU across various ports in 16 countries, in partnership with Maersk, CMA/ANL and PIL. NPDL is part of The Wonderful Company headquartered in the USA (including Fiji Water).
Part of NPDL, Container Repairs and Sales (CRS) provides full empty container services. In this role, you will be surveying shipping containers for damage and assessing repair requirements to meet industry standards in a systematic, cost effective and efficient way to meet operational timelines.
Do you have a can-do attitude and excellent attention to detail? If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team! As a crucial member of our team, you will bring the following:
- An above average attention to detail to ensure that all inspections are conducted with the utmost accuracy
- The ability to memorise industry specific codes and standards
- The ability to operate a handheld electronic device to estimate containers to an agreed quality
- A high level of flexibility, as there will be some travel between CRS sites
You are a self-starter with a strong work ethic and a commitment to attendance. While prior experience in container surveying would be a strong advantage, we are also open to training the right person for the role – you can also work towards international accreditation.
- Be physically fit
- Have strong attention to detail
- Be committed to Health & Safety
- Have ability to follow procedures
- Possess a strong work ethic, commitment to attendance, flexible, and being a team player
- Have the ability to pass Ministry of Justice, ACC checks and a drug and alcohol test as part of our recruitment process
Hours of Work:
This role is based in our Airport Oaks location, however, some time may also be spent at our Panmure Depot. A minimum of 40 hours a week Monday to Friday between the hours of 6.00am – 6.00pm. Flexibility to work overtime to meet operational requirements will be required. Rostered Saturdays 7.00am – 1.00pm. Great overtime rates (time and a half) offered!
Our NPDL contribution:
- Competitive hourly rate with overtime
- Opportunity for development and internal mobility
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Project Wonderful - Staff spend a day in the community helping with various projects
- Company focused on wellness and health
If this sounds like you then apply now!
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.