With approximately 100,000 planted acres in California's San Joaquin Valley, Wonderful Orchards is the world's largest grower of almonds, pistachios and pomegranates. Wonderful Orchards is a part of The Wonderful Company, a privately held $5 billion global company dedicated to harvesting health and happiness around the world through its iconic consumer brands which include Wonderful Pistachios, Wonderful Halos, POM Wonderful, FIJI Water, Teleflora, and JUSTIN Wine.
Wonderful Orchards is seeking an Accounts Payable Manager to support our Shafter, CA corporate operations. This position is a hands-on leader who will oversee the activities in the Accounts Payable department and ensures that the function is efficient and effective. Ensures timely payments of vendor invoices and expense vouchers and maintains accurate records and control reports.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Own the entire Accounts Payable process through the accurate and timely processing of payments and recording of costs, including the ability to electronically store and efficiently retrieve all relevant documents as needed across the organization.
- Responsible for the integrity of the A/P sub-ledger and vendor master record updates, including discounts and terms.
- Manages and supervises the accounts payable department and staff in the organization.
- Ensures that systems, policies, and procedures adhere to company policies while functioning with accuracy and timeliness.
- Assist Controller in creating testing procedures to evaluate and enhance internal controls related to vendor payments and employee expense reimbursement.
- Responsible for coordinating accounts payable monthly close activities with Controller.
- Responsible for preparation and/or review of supporting schedules, reconciliations and analysis of accounts.
- Ensures account reconciliations are completed timely and accurately; resolves reconciling items on a timely basis.
- Prepare monthly journal entries for cost allocations and expense accruals.
- Performs reviews of accounts payable transactions to check accuracy and adequacy of required supporting documentation.
- Assist in the implementation of change within the organization relating to accounts payable.
- Responsible for maintaining the supplier master file and for executing annual 1099 reporting.
- Review and approve ACH and wire transfers processed online through the bank.
- Oversee the reconciliation of cash receipts, customer accounts and other financial accounts to make sure the subsystems tie to the GL or other financial records.
- Work closely with the Controller in reconciling various accounts each month and assist with month end processes.
- Participate in the annual audit and provide information and documentation as requested by the auditors.
Qualifications include, but are not limited to the following:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university majoring in Accounting or Finance, and 3+ years of managerial experience or equivalent combination education and experience.
- Extensive knowledge of accounting and management principles and accounts payable procedures
- Proficient in Excel, and experience with an ERP system.
- Strong analytical skills and extremely detailed-oriented.
- A team player, flexible, consistent and reliable, able to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong time management and organizational skills; ability to use database reporting tools is a plus.
- Commitment to delivering quality service that meets or exceeds expectations.
- Ability to take initiative, work under pressure, meet deadlines, and willingness to preserve confidentiality.
Pay Range: $85,000 - $100,000, and may include a discretionary bonus. Final compensation will be dependent upon skills & experience.
Wonderful's dedication to you:
- Competitive benefits package including Medical, Vision, Dental, 401k
- Continued training and generous Education Reimbursement Program
- Paid sick, vacation and holiday time
- Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) -- allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
Why chose Wonderful?
Wonderful Nurseries and Wonderful Orchards are part of The Wonderful Company, a privately held $5 billion company, which also has other No. 1 brands such as Wonderful® Pistachios, FIJI® Water, Wonderful® Halos®, JUSTIN® Wine, and Teleflora®. To learn more about The Wonderful Company, visit www.wonderful.com, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. To view the current Corporate Social Responsibility report, visit www.wonderful.com/csr.
- We nourish, naturally - We believe that what you put into your body matters. The most nutritious -- and best-tasting -- foods are those from nature.
- We play to win - Our employees set ambitious goals and meet challenges with unified purpose and unmatched energy.
- We act differently - With courage and fearlessness, we are relentless in our quest to inspire healthier. food and beverage choices. As a privately held organization, we have the freedom and the power to make quick and effective decisions.
Wonderful Orchards and The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.