With approximately 100,000 planted acres in California's San Joaquin Valley, Wonderful Orchards is the world's largest grower of almonds, pistachios and pomegranates. Wonderful Orchards is a part of The Wonderful Company, a privately held $5 billion global company dedicated to harvesting health and happiness around the world through its iconic consumer brands which include Wonderful Pistachios, Wonderful Halos, POM Wonderful, FIJI Water, Teleflora, and JUSTIN Wine.
We are currently looking for a Sr. Financial Analyst to be a key part of the Orchards Financial Planning & Analysis team supporting Wonderful Orchards, specifically Wonderful Bees, Wonderful Nurseries, Wonderful Laboratories & Wonderful Aviation. This position will provide both financial and strategic support and communicate effectively with senior management. The Financial Analyst is responsible for providing analyses to departments and operations within the company as well as reporting to our corporate office.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Efficiently compile, organize, and analyze complex financial information and raw data; interpret data to explain past financial performance and project future results.
- Aid in the development and execution of the annual budget and quarterly forecasts for the company, focusing on the underlying business drivers, key financial and operating metrics, and relative sensitivity analysis.
- Develop, manage, and report financial results to senior management and collaborate with each department to monitor budget adherence and ensure proper financial decisions.
- Analyze, track, and assign production expenses to product lines to develop cost of goods standard rates.
- Assist with ad-hoc analytical projects as assigned.
As part of completing these responsibilities, it will be necessary for the Analyst to build and maintain strong relationships throughout the organization. This position also requires actively partnering with cross-functional teams throughout the organization to understand production expenses and the main KPI's that drive efficiency. The Analyst is responsible for all aspects of their analyses: formulating the plan, determining the data requirements, extracting and manipulating the data, conducting the analyses, identifying the conclusions and then communicating those to the working team in a concise and organized fashion. The Analyst will regularly interact with Senior Leadership and must be able to do so confidently and professionally.
Qualifications include, but are not limited to the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Statistics, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5+ years of progressive experience in finance, accounting, or a related field.
- Analytical and reporting skills with the ability to resolve issues and develop new processes when necessary.
- Ability to analyze large volumes of data, including the ability to effectively communicate findings and recommendations in a concise and intuitive manner.
- Experience in Excel is required - including building and maintaining financial models.
- Experience in Power Point is required – including building templates that can be efficiently maintained and creating effective and well-organized presentations.
- Oracle EBS, Hyperion, EPBCS Planning, or Tableau experience a plus.
- Outstanding verbal/written communication, presentation, organizational and teamwork skills are required
- Self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented and can work with limited supervision in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial small-team environment.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and work quickly/accurately under pressure and continuously shift priorities to meet deadlines/deliverables.
- Flexibility to work additional hours as needed.
Pay Range: $90,000 - $100,000, and may include a discretionary bonus. Final compensation will be dependent upon skills & experience.
Wonderful's dedication to you:
- Competitive benefits package including Medical, Vision, Dental, 401k
- Continued training and generous Education Reimbursement Program
- Paid sick, vacation and holiday time
- Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) -- allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
Why chose Wonderful?
Wonderful Nurseries and Wonderful Orchards are part of The Wonderful Company, a privately held $5 billion company, which also has other No. 1 brands such as Wonderful® Pistachios, FIJI® Water, Wonderful® Halos®, JUSTIN® Wine, and Teleflora®. To learn more about The Wonderful Company, visit www.wonderful.com, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. To view the current Corporate Social Responsibility report, visit www.wonderful.com/csr.
- We nourish, naturally - We believe that what you put into your body matters. The most nutritious -- and best-tasting -- foods are those from nature.
- We play to win - Our employees set ambitious goals and meet challenges with unified purpose and unmatched energy.
- We act differently - With courage and fearlessness, we are relentless in our quest to inspire healthier. food and beverage choices. As a privately held organization, we have the freedom and the power to make quick and effective decisions.
Wonderful Orchards and The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.