Neptune Pacific Direct Line (NPDL) is experiencing a period of significant transformation. Formed in 2020, Neptune Pacific Line acquired Pacific Direct Line, bringing together two of the South Pacific’s top shipping and logistics companies to support the full supply chain of our customers in the region. NPDL is part of The Wonderful Company headquartered in Los Angeles, CA. Its other companies include FIJI Water, Justin and Landmark Vineyards, Vintage Nurseries, Wonderful Citrus, Wonderful Pistachios, Teleflora, POM Wonderful and Suterra.
Pacific Island Freight Station (PIFS) is a warehouse within the NPDL group providing third party logistics warehousing and devanning services to a range of customers - we have an exciting opportunity for a Cargo Coordinator. In this customer facing role, you will be responsible for managing all facets of clients FCL receiving and packing requirements, working closely with the Operations Supervisor & the warehouse team to provide exceptional service. You will be the primary point of contact for customers as well as document processing for Dangerous Goods, MPI and Customs.
The hours of work will be Monday to Friday between the hours of 8am and 5.30pm. Overtime and weekend work may be required from time to time.
What you will be doing:
- Ensuring the efficient, timely and cost-effective loading of FAK (Freight All Kinds) containers
- Ensuring all data and information is entered accurately and in a timely manner
- Consistently monitoring shipments to ensure cargo is loaded/delivered/dispatched as required
- Arranging cartage of FCL/LCL consignments to/from pack sites and ports via road/rail/sea using preferred carriers
- Liaising with shippers/packers/ports regarding container deliveries, sitings, uplifts, packing of
- goods and cargo call-in
- Verifying tallying and container load plan production
- Issuing client invoices as per pricing tariffs or agreed quotes
- Ensuring the accuracy of supplier invoices, billing revenue and reconciling statements
- Actively ensuring site Health & Safety requirements are maintained
- Accurately compiling import and export documentation
- Managing client queries and claims relating to their shipments
You will be great at planning and organising, have strong self-management skills, be a confident decision maker and resilient. You are great at following up on deadlines, with an eye for detail to get the right results first time. An ability to communicate well with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders is essential.
What you will bring:
- Minimum of 2 years of warehousing experience (preferably in shipping and/or logistics)
- Forklift, Counterbalance and Reach licences are desirable, but not essential
- Being IATA/MPI Accredited would be an advantage, but is not essential
- A strong and independent work ethic
- Experience operating in a fast-paced, highly regulated environment
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate level Microsoft Office experience with exposure to inventory software, databases, and systems - any experience with CargoWise would be considered an advantage
- Experience in compliance with NZ Customs and NZ MPI requirements for bond store operations as well as in compliance with DG handling regulations
You will have the right to live and work in New Zealand at the time of applying. The successful candidate may be subject to undergo a Police Check and/or Pre-Employment Drug Test.
Our NPDL Contribution:
- Competitive package (salary plus bonus)
- Opportunity for development and internal mobility
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Project Wonderful - Staff spend a day in the community helping with various projects
- Company focused on wellness and health
If you have a keen attitude and are ready to utilise your MPI and Customs compliance knowledge, then apply now!
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.