From farm to table, The Wonderful Company is a privately held $5 billion company committed to offering high-quality, healthy, and iconic brands such as Wonderful Pistachios, Wonderful Halos, FIJI Water, and POM Wonderful. We’re looking to make the world a healthier place through an uncompromising commitment to the well-being of our employees and their families.
La Cocina Shafter is The Wonderful Company’s brand-new café located within the Wonderful Industrial Park, catering to the culinary needs of the company’s employees as well as neighboring tenants in the area. Our mission is to provide fresh, seasonal, and healthy Latin inspired cuisine from California’s rich cultural history. We are committed to providing delicious food, efficient service, and a welcoming atmosphere to enhance the daily experience.
Come join our new state-of-the-art La Cocina at our Industrial Park in Shafter! Love to cook healthy food and enjoy having your weekends and evenings off? We are in search of motivated and versatile Line Cooks. This position is responsible for the daily standard operation procedures in a professional kitchen. Must have a commitment to quality. Line cook must work safe, organized, and follow proper food handling techniques and physical safety rules.
The work schedule for this position is Monday - Friday, hours may vary between 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM.
- Prepares daily production list and specials
- Ensure that all recipes, food preparation, and presentation meets restaurant’s standards
- Ability to work and maintain all work stations before and during meal periods
- Assist with keeping kitchen, dish, and storage areas organized
- Receives product by verifying invoice and freshness of merchandise
- Provides excellent customer service and work examples
- Assist in tasks as requested by the Chef or Food Service Manager needed to successfully run the Cocina
- Minimum of 1-2 years working in a fast-paced kitchen required
- Food Safety, Food handlers training and or certification; awareness of local, state, federal health and sanitation laws
- Understanding proper use and maintenance of major kitchen equipment, including stoves, refrigeration, slicer, knives, and dish machine
- A commitment to quality service
- Food and beverage knowledge and knowledge of basic cooking techniques
- Ability to work in a high-energy and demanding environment
- Can effectively solve problems and has strong organization skills
- Team player, is able to take direction and works well under pressure
- Conversational Spanish is desired but not required.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
Pay Range: $21.00 - $23.00 per hour. Final compensation will be dependent upon skills & experience.
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental and 401k with match eligibility
- Opportunities for development and internal mobility
- Manager and leadership training, biweekly L&OD webinars, and eLearning offerings
- Companywide problem solving and continuous improvement training
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Company prioritizes wellness through its Wonderful NOW (Nourish Our Wellness) initiative, which provides a robust suite of wellness offerings such as access to mental health resources and life coaching, employee community groups, cash rewards for healthy habits, and on-demand fitness videos
The Wonderful Company’s connection to consumers has health at its heart and giving back at its core. The company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $1 billion invested in environmental sustainability; $65 million in charitable giving, education initiatives, and innovative health and wellness programs each year; and $143 million toward the construction of two charter school campuses in California’s Central Valley. To view the current Corporate Social Responsibility report, visit www.wonderful.com/csr.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, The Wonderful Company is a privately held $5 billion company dedicated to harvesting health around the world through its iconic consumer brands. The company’s 10,000 employees worldwide are committed to bringing consumers everywhere the freshest, most wholesome pistachios, citrus and pomegranates; bottling the finest water and wines; and creating colorful bouquets that are sure to touch the heart. This commitment is reflected in the company’s market share: Wonderful Pistachios® is America’s No. 1 tree nut and America’s fastest-growing snack; Wonderful® Halos® is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America; POM Wonderful® is the No. 1 100% pomegranate brand in America; FIJI® Water is America’s No. 1 premium imported bottled water brand; JUSTIN® Wine has the No. 1 Cabernet Sauvignon in California; and Teleflora® is the world’s leading floral delivery service.
To learn more about The Wonderful Company, its products and its core values, visit www.wonderful.com, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The Wonderful Company is an Equality Opportunity Employer that provides opportunities for advancement. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce that embodies a deep culture of acceptance, equity, and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.