JUSTIN is an award-winning winery and fine dining establishment in Paso Robles. It's our pleasure to share that the Restaurant at JUSTIN is the only winery restaurant to have received both a 2022 MICHELIN Star and MICHELIN Green Star and most recently, a Five-Stars from Forbes 2023 Travel Guide. We are proud to be recognized for our sustainability practices, one-of-a-kind dinner experience, and world-class excellence in hospitality.
We are seeking a new Part-Time Wine Guide! This person is responsible for all activities and requirements related to the Tasting Room operation and Special Events. Tasting room activities include but are not limited to excellent customer service, general stocking and cleaning, tours, outreach, and cooperation with all departments.
This is a part-time position that is scheduled as needed to cover events and busy weekends.
- Create and execute engaging, educational, and memorable positive guest experiences
- Assist in the achievement of financial goals including:
- Tasting Room sales (merchandise and food sales)
- Tour Program sign-ups
- Wine Society sign-up goals
- Perform monitoring and stocking duties as assigned
- Be timely and punctual with regards to scheduling requirements
- Assist in the development of a list of non-club members to market to by coming up with innovative ideas to gather email addresses
- Maintain clean and tidy work areas:
- Resolve guest concerns/complaints using good judgment and tact. Elevate complaints to management when necessary.
- Attend tasting room monthly meeting as needed
- Attend local tasting events as directed by the Tasting Room Manager
- Facilitate and promote good communication between all departments (Hospitality, Marketing, Wine Society, Accounting, Production, Housekeeping, etc.)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two (2) years retail sales preferred
- Proven success working with others
- Excellent communication skills and ability to relate to people at all levels
- Must possess a passion for wine and the wine industry
Pay Range: $16.00 - $17.00 per hour. Final compensation will be dependent upon skills and experience.
- Wine and Merchandise Discounts
- All the FIJI water you can drink at work
- Wine Education Program
- Fun Work Environment
Located in Paso Robles, JUSTIN® Vineyards & Winery was founded in 1981 and is known for crafting world- class wines using Bordeaux grape varieties, including the iconic ISOSCELES® blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Merlot. The Vineyard estate, located at 11680 Chimney Rock Road, features a Tasting Room, luxury five-star accommodations at the JUST Inn®, and a Restaurant—making it one of the only wineries on the Central Coast to offer all three options. In September 2018, a new second location, the JUSTIN Downtown Tasting Room opened introducing an expansive wine-tasting bar, lounge, and a full dining room that’s situated prominently on the square along Downtown City Park in the heart of Paso Robles. In addition to its stellar hospitality, JUSTIN consistently receives top honors around the world, establishing itself as a leader in New World Bordeaux-style winemaking. JUSTIN wines are available through discerning fine wine retailers and restaurants throughout the United States, or directly from the Winery via JUSTIN’s Tasting Room, online store or to members of the exclusive JUSTIN Wine Society wine club. To discover more about JUSTIN, visit www.justinwine.com.We are pleased to share with you The Wonderful Company’s new Corporate Social Responsibility website: www.csr.wonderful.com.
The Wonderful Company is an Equality Opportunity Employer that provides opportunities for advancement. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce that embodies a deep culture of acceptance, equity, and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, region, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.