In 1981, we planted our first vineyard with a mission to make world-class Bordeaux-style blends, but since then we've expanded our knowledge of viticulture in the unique region of Paso Robles. At JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery, we combine traditional Old-World methods like hand-harvesting and small-barrel aging in French oak with New World technology.
We are seeking an experienced Cellar Master to join our team at our Wisteria facility. The Cellar Master will be responsible for managing a smooth workflow while ensuring quality and food safety standards are met and maintained. Reporting to the Assistant Winemaker, the Cellar Master will assist in daily planning, maintaining cellar and production equipment inventories, as well as training and developing staff. The Cellar Master promotes company initiatives through team collaboration, strong leadership, and organization.
- Manages day to day and harvest supervision of the cellar staff to ensure a clean, safe, efficient, and effective work environment
- Executes daily work schedules and assign work processes
- Supervises, trains, and develops full-time and seasonal production staff
- Competent forklift driver with ability to operate under minimal supervision
- Review and submit completed cellar orders utilizing Crafted software
- Supervise both tank and barrel wine tasks
- Manages and ensures barrel inventories are correct and organized
- Ensures production equipment is properly maintained and operating to safety standards
- Responsible for monitoring cellar and equipment supplies
- Ensures requested samples are pulled for lab and stays abreast of sample status
- Coordinate with EH&S Safety Manager to ensure Employee Safety
- Implements Food Safety protocols and GMP’s
- Assists in managing waste and storm water systems, and complying with sampling and reporting requirements
- Assists with production staff annual review process
- Facilitates processes related to comparison tasting and samples for additional blends
- Champion WOW (Way of Work), the company's continuous improvement program
- Two (2) years previous winery experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing in English. Conversational Spanish strongly desired
- Proven success managing a team
- Ability to establish direction, obtain commitment and execute appropriate production processes
- Demonstrate strong ability to work under pressure
- Must be able to perform technical calculations, assemble data in spreadsheets and charts/graphs, and manage budgets
- Ability to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Pay Range: $70,000 - $74,000 base salary and may include a discretionary bonus. Final compensation will be dependent on skills and experience.
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental and 401k with match eligibility
- Opportunities for development and internal mobility
- Manager and leadership training, biweekly L&OD webinars, and eLearning offerings
- Companywide problem solving and continuous improvement training
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Company prioritizes wellness through its Wonderful NOW (Nourish Our Wellness) initiative, which provides a robust suite of wellness offerings such as access to mental health resources and life coaching, employee community groups, cash rewards for healthy habits, and on-demand fitness videos
Located in Paso Robles, JUSTIN® Vineyards & Winery was founded in 1981 and is known for crafting world- class wines using Bordeaux grape varieties, including the iconic ISOSCELES® blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Merlot. The Vineyard estate, located at 11680 Chimney Rock Road, features a Tasting Room, luxury five-star accommodations at the JUST Inn®, and a Restaurant—making it one of the only wineries on the Central Coast to offer all three options. In September 2018, a new second location, the JUSTIN Downtown Tasting Room opened introducing an expansive wine-tasting bar, lounge, and a full dining room that’s situated prominently on the square along Downtown City Park in the heart of Paso Robles. In addition to its stellar hospitality, JUSTIN consistently receives top honors around the world, establishing itself as a leader in New World Bordeaux-style winemaking. JUSTIN wines are available through discerning fine wine retailers and restaurants throughout the United States, or directly from the Winery via JUSTIN’s Tasting Room, online store or to members of the exclusive JUSTIN Wine Society wine club. To discover more about JUSTIN, visit www.justinwine.com.
The Wonderful Company is an Equality Opportunity Employer that provides opportunities for advancement. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce that embodies a deep culture of acceptance, equity, and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, region, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.