Do you want to be part of an educational system preparing generations of students in the Central Valley to be equipped for college, career, and life’s successes?
If you are a qualified Science Teacher for Middle School grade levels, you could be part of a nurturing, engaging, community-centered school environment!
Wonderful College Prep Academy has a unique partnership with the Wonderful Company. Click here to learn more about the Wonderful Company's other great philanthropic partnerships.
Wonderful College Prep Academy (WCPA) is a free public charter school, located on two, new state-of-the-art campuses, TK through Grade 12 in Delano, CA serving 2,000 students, and TK through Grade 12 in Lost Hills, CA serving over 400 students. The longer school day and extended school year give our students an academic edge, preparing them for college and beyond. Our schools provide a top learning environment including:
- Fully equipped science labs
- State-of-the-art technology
- Athletic programs
- Learning gardens and our farm-to-table cafeterias
- On-campus student health center
- Collaborative and supportive teaching teams
- Professional development and growth
- Current California teaching credential in related content
- 1-year classroom teaching experience preferred
- Demonstrate mastery of related subject matter, instructional skills, and resource materials for courses taught
- Develop lesson plans aligned with CCSS and departmental standards
- Participate in the development and teaching of cross-curriculum projects that incorporate technology and digital arts
- Possess an interest in fostering diversity, inclusion, equity, and social justice to promote a healthy learning environment
- Create and maintain a positive classroom environment that supports the school-wide behavior expectations in which students are engaged and incorporate mutual respect while providing cooperative learning opportunities
- Engage in positive relationships with students, parents, staff, and community members
Now is the time to join a team making enduring change within the Central Valley of California and beyond!
Pay Range: $64,178 - $103,785. Final compensation will be dependent upon skills & experience.
- Highly competitive compensation, commensurate with experience, which includes annual performance and retention bonuses
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and life insurance at no cost for the employee, 403b with company match, and STRS retirement pension.
- Full-day onsite preschool for $60 per week
- College scholarships for employees' children
- Access to many Wonderful Company perks including the corporation health clinic and fitness center
Quality of Life in the Central Valley:
Framed by the Sierra Nevada to the east and the Coast Ranges to the west, California's Central Valley is one of the world's most productive agricultural regions and the base of The Wonderful Company's agricultural operations. This vast area enjoys a moderate climate and offers residents a high quality of life, low cost of living, and a host of diverse cultural and recreational activities. From wine tasting and hiking to rafting, fishing, skiing, and surfing -- all within a two-hour drive -- the family-friendly Central Valley has much to offer.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.