Wonderful Citrus is America's largest integrated grower, shipper and packer of fresh citrus, including clementine/mandarin, navel and Valencia oranges; lemons; limes; grapefruits; and other citrus varieties. Wonderful Citrus owns, cultivates and harvests more than 58,000 acres of fresh citrus and ships around the world each year to ensure a year-round supply. Our citrus can be found in all channels of distribution, with our consumer brands most visible in the produce department of grocery stores across America under the flagship consumer brands of Wonderful Halos mandarins and Wonderful Sweet Scarletts Texas Red grapefruit.
Ideal candidates will possess a technical ability in the area of automation controls within a high volume industrial manufacturing environment with an emphasis in packaging automation. The Controls Systems Technician will be responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting all process control and operation support systems. Experience with PLC’s, HMI’s, automation and control system design and hands-on troubleshooting is strongly preferred. Candidates must be hard-working with a strong work ethic and an unfaltering determination to excel in a fast-paced environment and a desire to gain tremendous personal and career growth.
Here's what you'll do:
- Review and modify existing equipment as required to meet safety, quality, and production requirements
- Perform root-cause analysis, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain automated production and robotic systems
- Program, troubleshoot and repair/replace sensors, scanners, vision systems, motors, variable frequency drives, and encoders
- Troubleshoot automated production equipment using RSLogix 5000, 500, and RSStudio PLC programming software
- Create or modify operator interface screens using RSView32 and Factory Talk View Studio
- Control system upgrades of existing equipment and integration of new/existing equipment
- Troubleshoot electrical wiring, relay logic, control and safety circuits using electrical schematics and electronic test equipment
- Able to interpret electrical schematics, mechanical drawings, blueprints, and layouts
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance of production and equipment
- Follow all company policies including, but not limited to, good manufacturing practices and safety systems
- Ensure work is completed in accordance with relevant codes and with proper documentation
- Participate in continuous improvement activities to improve processes, efficiency, quality and service
- Support operations and reliability in meeting business objectives
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
- Associates degree in electronics from an accredited college or certificate of completion from a technical program (Electrical/Electronic technology or similar), preferred with 3 years experience or 10 years of applicable manufacturing experience in lieu of degree/certification.
- Experience with the programming of Drives, PLCs, and HMI’s is highly preferred
- Experience and proficiency with relay logic, programming various types of instrumentation, wiring of I/O for control systems, and understanding of programmable logic controllers’ architecture
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and committed to superior quality
- Proactive individual that takes responsibility for their equipment, lines, coworkers and the continuous improvement of the operation
- Able to work in a team environment where honest communication, a positive attitude, engagement, and personal accountability is expected
- Able to work off-shifts, weekends & extended shifts (i.e. 12 hrs.)
- Electrical Control Panels familiarization
- Follows and fully understands Instrumentation and Electrical Safety practices (LOTO, Arch flash)
- Must possess a high level of mechanical & electrical aptitude and be an effective communicator, mentor, and trainer
- AutoCAD and/or Visio proficiency preferred
- Ability to fluently read and interpret electrical schematics is required
- Effective written and verbal communication as well as interpersonal skills to work in a collaborative team environment that includes; shared responsibilities, establishing and maintaining good working relationships with others to support team and company objectives, and a willingness to work in all areas of the facility
- Some Programming Language experience preferred (IE: JSON and Webservices)
- PLC – AB ControlLogix, CompactLogix, MicroLogix, SLC5
- PLC I/O – R I/O, 1756 I/O, 1768 I/O, 1769 I/O, Point/Flex/Block I/O, 1742 interfaces
- ABNetworks – R I/O, DeviceNet, Ethernet/IP, ControlNet
- HMI Hardware – Allen Bradley PanelView Plus, RSViewSE, PCs, Wonderware ME.
- HMI Software – AB Panelview ViewME, Wonderware ArchestrA IDE, Wonderware ME.
- Drives – AB PF series 4,40,525,70,700,725,735,755. Emerson, Yaskawa
- Motor Start buckets and wiring
- Motors Types – Induction, DC, Servo
- Instrumentation - Level, Pressure, Temperature, Flow, Distance
- Low voltage controls – 24vac, 24vdc, 4-20mA
- Supervisory Systems – Historians, SQL, MES, ArchestrA
- Supervisory Networks – Switches, Router, CAT6, 802.11a/b/g
Pay Range: $45.00. Final compensation will be dependent upon skills & experience.
Here's what we'll bring to the table:
- Wonderful Giving - a one-of-kind program that donates company money to charities close to our employees' hearts
- Employee college tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral program
- Full benefits package - Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, company matching and annual catch-up, Employee Assistance Program, company-paid life insurance (spouse and dependents to age 26), life insurance, AD&D insurance, flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
Wonderful Citrus is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4 billion company with 9,000 employees worldwide. We've made Wonderful Pistachios one of America's top-selling salty snacks. We've turned pomegranates and POM Wonderful into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America. FIJI Water is the No. 1 premium bottled water in America. JUSTIN Wine produces California's top-selling, high-end Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora is the world's largest flower delivery service.
The Wonderful Company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California's Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that provides opportunities for advancement. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce that embodies a deep culture of acceptance, equity, and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.