Wonderful Citrus is America’s largest integrated grower, shipper and packer of fresh citrus, including clementine/mandarin, navel and Valencia oranges; lemons; limes; grapefruits; and other citrus varieties. Wonderful Citrus owns, cultivates and harvests more than 58,000 acres of fresh citrus and ships around the world each year to ensure a year-round supply. Our citrus can be found in all channels of distribution, with our consumer brands most visible in the produce department of grocery stores across America under the flagship consumer brands of Wonderful Halos mandarins and Wonderful Sweet Scarletts Texas Red grapefruit.
The Quality Supervisor plans, coordinates, and directs control program designed to ensure continuous production of products consistent with established standards while ensuring food safety requirements are met. This role is expected to develop individuals and teams to solve operational issues and motivate team members to achieve performance targets. The ideal candidate has experience within the agricultural industry, manufacturing operations, continuous improvement, food safety and/or hands-on experience managing perishable products. Candidates must be able to excel in a fast-paced environment.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Develops and analyzes statistical data and product specifications to determine present standards and establish proposed quality and reliability expectancy of finished product.
- Formulates and maintains quality control objectives complementary to company policies and goals.
- Creates and implements inspection criteria and procedures.
- Interprets and quality control procedures and policies to personnel.
- Coordinates objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other management staff to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
- Provide inspection activity for product.
- Involved in resolving quality issues within packing facility from post-harvest to packaging.
- Educate and instruct plant personnel in recommended fruit quality tolerance and quality defects.
- Develop food safety training materials and execute the training of plant personnel.
- Complete internal food safety audits according to the program frequencies and facilitate corrective actions as a result of the food safety audit.
- Support the food safety manager and quality manager in the preparation and execution of 3rd party audits.
- Execute farm & harvest crew inspections and facilitate corrective actions as a result of those inspections.
- Develop and maintain data visualization tools (ex. PBI) to support the use of data collected by quality inspectors.
- Supervise workers engaged in inspection criteria and procedures
- Other duties as assigned.
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s Degree Agricultural Business, Food Safety and Quality Management, Plant Science or other agriculture related field preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience leading a team in a, fast-paced, food manufacturing environment. Education experience can waive this requirement
- HACCP, PCQI, SQF and/or BRC preferred.
- High level written and verbal communication as well as interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to empower the workforce and build strong teams through developing, evaluating, training, coaching and succession planning.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as statistical means, averages, cycle times, inventory turnovers, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- Must be able to troubleshoot equipment/process problems and propose solutions. Advance knowledge of food safety practices and GMPs required.
- Must be able to troubleshoot equipment/process problems and propose solutions. Problem-solving skills are essential to this position.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish required
Pay Range: $75,000 - $80,000, and may include a discretionary bonus. Final compensation will be dependent upon skills & experience.
Here’s what we’ll bring to the table:
- Wonderful Giving – a one-of-kind program that donates company money to charities close to our employees’ hearts
- Employee college tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral program
- Full benefits package – Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, company matching and annual catch-up, Employee Assistance Program, company-paid life insurance (spouse and dependents to age 26), life insurance, AD&D insurance, flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Company prioritizes wellness through its Wonderful NOW (Nourish Our Wellness) initiative, which provides a robust suite of wellness offerings such as access to mental health resources and life coaching, employee community groups, cash rewards for healthy habits, and on-demand fitness videos
Wonderful Citrus is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4 billion company with 9,000 employees worldwide. We’ve made Wonderful Pistachios one of America’s top-selling salty snacks. We’ve turned pomegranates and POM Wonderful into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America. FIJI Water is the No. 1 premium bottled water in America. JUSTIN Wine produces California’s top-selling, high-end Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora is the world’s largest flower delivery service.
The Wonderful Company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California’s Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
Wonderful Citrus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.