JUSTIN is an award-winning winery and fine dining establishment in Paso Robles. It's our pleasure to share that the Restaurant at JUSTIN is the only winery restaurant to have received both a 2022 MICHELIN Star and MICHELIN Green Star and most recently, a Five-Star rating from Forbes 2023 Travel Guide. We are proud to be recognized for our sustainability practices, one-of-a-kind dinner experience, and world-class excellence in hospitality.
Are you passionate about the wine industry and enjoy providing amazing customer service? This may be the perfect opportunity for you.
We are seeking a new Wine Guide (Part-Time) to join the team. In this role, you will ensure each guest is greeted and sat for their desired tasting experience. You will pour and explain our wine and unique history in the region, serve and support in the dining room, and work closely with our chef team to create an amazing experience for all visitors. Come be part of our Downtown Tasting Room team!
- Create and execute engaging, educational, and memorable positive guest experiences
- Assist in the achievement of financial goals including:
- Tasting Room wine sales
- Tasting Room food sales, executing an elevated food and wine experience
- Wine Society sign-up goals
- Perform monitoring and stocking duties as assigned
- Ensure that the work environment is clean and tidy, including:
- Tasting Room - all bar areas must be clear of unnecessary POS, flyers, etc.
- Dining Area - assure the dining area is clean, stocked, and ready for service.
- Downstairs - make sure that common areas and office is clean and organized
- Wine Storage - keep supervisor / manager aware of depleting inventories
- Resolve guest concerns / complaints using good judgment and tact. Elevate complaints to supervisor / manager when necessary
- Complete the JUSTIN Educational Training program
- At end of shift/conclusion of service, prepare all guest checks, appropriate all pooled gratuities to Gratuity Report, clean and reset dining room, complete closing side work
- Educate and inform oneself of all new JUSTIN releases as well as JUSTIN library wines, viticulture, and winemaking techniques
- Attend all TRM monthly and weekly meetings
- High School Diploma or GED
- A thorough understanding of food and wine. Including origins, preparation/production methods, and the ability to explain why certain wines pair well with set food items
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays
- Two (2) years retail sales preferred
- Excellent communication skills and ability to relate to people at all levels
- Must possess a passion for wine and the wine industry
Pay Range: $15.60 - $17.00 an hour. Final compensation is dependent on skills and experience.
- Part-Time Vacation, Personal & Sick Accruals
- Wine and Merchandise Discounts
- All the FIJI water you can drink at work
- Wine Education Program
- Fun Work Environment
Located in Paso Robles, JUSTIN® Vineyards & Winery was founded in 1981 and is known for crafting world- class wines using Bordeaux grape varieties, including the iconic ISOSCELES® blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Merlot. The Vineyard estate, located at 11680 Chimney Rock Road, features a Tasting Room, luxury five-star accommodations at the JUST Inn®, and a Restaurant—making it one of the only wineries on the Central Coast to offer all three options. In September 2018, a new second location, the JUSTIN Downtown Tasting Room opened introducing an expansive wine-tasting bar, lounge, and a full dining room that’s situated prominently on the square along Downtown City Park in the heart of Paso Robles. In addition to its stellar hospitality, JUSTIN consistently receives top honors around the world, establishing itself as a leader in New World Bordeaux-style winemaking. JUSTIN wines are available through discerning fine wine retailers and restaurants throughout the United States, or directly from the Winery via JUSTIN’s Tasting Room, online store or to members of the exclusive JUSTIN Wine Society wine club. To discover more about JUSTIN, visit www.justinwine.com.
The Wonderful Company is an Equality Opportunity Employer that provides opportunities for advancement. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce that embodies a deep culture of acceptance, equity, and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, region, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.