Wonderful College Prep Academy is a charter network in California's Central Valley committed to providing a world-class education for all students. The Academy's mission is to graduate students prepared to earn a college degree and to put them on a promising career path for life. We believe this begins with a nurturing, engaging, community-centered school environment where students develop a strong and well-rounded academic foundation. Ultimately, this will prepare generations of leaders in the Central Valley who are critical thinkers and life-long learners.
The Academy's first school opened in Delano in 2009, serving students from across the Central Valley in grades 6-12. In 2016, we moved to our new, state-of-the-art college prep campus in Delano, and in the Fall of 2017, added an elementary school in Delano and opened a second charter school in Lost Hills. In Delano, we serve over 1,800 students in grades TK-12, while in Lost Hills, we serve over 400 students in grades TK-12.
Our students have access to technology in all grades, from hands-on STEM learning for younger students in a fully equipped "maker's space" to school-provided laptops for older students. The Academy aims to provide every opportunity for our students that often is not found in public or charter schools, including the ability to graduate from high school with a free Associate Degree. Through a unique partnership with Bakersfield College, our students enroll in college classes starting in 9th grade and complete all their A-G requirements, in addition to their AS Degree requirements over the course of four years. In addition, all graduates are eligible to earn a four-year renewable college scholarship through the generous support of Lynda and Stewart Resnick.
We seek thoughtful, inclusive, skilled communicators, and creative problem-solvers who value continuous learning and who are excited to serve our students and families. Now is the time to join a team making enduring change within the Central Valley of California and beyond!
Wonderful College Prep Academy has a unique partnership with the Wonderful Company. Click here to learn more about the Wonderful Company's other great philanthropic partnerships.
- Assist with maintaining student attendance process by contacting families with absent students on a daily basis and reconciling student absences.
- Collect doctor's notes and excused absence notes from parents for absentee documentation.
- Perform general clerical duties including answering phones, taking and distributing messages, sorting mail, translate documents and prepare general correspondence.
- Build strong working relationships with students, families and staff.
- Assist with Independent Study process for students with planned absences.
- Be knowledgeable of all content in school safety binder, including emergency procedures
- Maintain emergency medical and contact information for all students as needed
- Report all injuries and other school incidents to Chief Facilities Officer or designee.
- Supervise students sent to the office for discipline and/or health reasons.
- Perform tasks as interpreter, when necessary, in whole-school functions and smaller meetings.
- Assist with attendance, enrollment, and student Information as needed
- Provide support to the leadership team as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have 1-year administrative experience; school experience preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Bilingual in Spanish required.
- Experience with student information systems preferred.
- Experience supporting office operations of a dispersed work team in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, while interacting in a professional, positive manner with WCPA students, staff, and community.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Flexible and able to prioritize multiple projects and deadlines.
- Able to accurately organize daily office tasks.
- A passion for advancing the education of students in the Central Valley of California.
- Environment: Office environment; fast-paced work, constant interruptions.
- Physical requirements: Hearing and speaking to exchange information, make presentations, and communicate over the telephone; seeing to read, prepare, and proofread documents and view computer monitors; sitting or standing for extended periods of time; dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and other office equipment; kneeling, bending at the waist, and reaching overhead, above the shoulders and horizontally, to retrieve and store files and supplies; lifting light objects; ability to go to sites apart from primary office to conduct business.
Pay Range: $18.00 - $21.00; Final compensation will be dependent upon skills & experience.
- Wonderful College Prep Academy offers highly competitive compensation, commensurate with experience, which includes generous performance bonuses.
- Full-time staff benefits include medical coverage, dental, vision, and life insurance at no cost to the employee. We also offer an optional 403b, with company match, as a supplement to the STRS retirement pension.
- In addition, employees have free access to the Wonderful Wellness Center and gym.
Quality of Life in the Central Valley:
Framed by the Sierra Nevada to the east and the Coast Ranges to the west, California's Central Valley is one of the world's most productive agricultural regions and the base of The Wonderful Company's agricultural operations. This vast area enjoys a moderate climate and offers residents a high quality of life, a low cost of living, and a host of diverse cultural and recreational activities. From wine tasting and hiking to rafting, fishing, skiing, and surfing -- all within a two-hour drive -- the family-friendly Central Valley has much to offer.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.