In 1981, we planted our first vineyard with a mission to make world-class Bordeaux-style blends, but since then we've expanded our knowledge of viticulture in the unique region of Paso Robles. At JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery, we combine traditional Old-World methods like hand-harvesting and small-barrel aging in French oak with New World technology.
JUSTIN continues to expand its Planning team. We are currently seeking a Wine Planning Manager to support to our wine businesses: JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery, Landmark Winery, JNSQ, and our recently acquired Lewis Cellars in Napa Valley.
The team is responsible for supply planning short and long term, facilitating meetings across multiple departments , including Production, Sourcing, Logistics and Sales, to ensure production plans are aligned with company goals. If you are a versatile Planning Manager looking to gain broad experience and grow, this is a perfect opportunity for you!
The successful Wine Planning Manager will be a collaborative team player who thrives on adding value. They will have highly developed interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, and the ability to communicate clearly, concisely, confidently, and persuasively at all levels of the organization.
This role will participate in our HYBRID work model out of our Paso Robles office (Mon-Wed in office, Thu-Fri remote) and is not eligible for fully remote.
- Develop and manage production goals by size format to create yearly bottling plan and update long-range production plans accordingly
- Maintain wine packaging matrix. Manage full packaging process to ensure that all raw materials needs are met by strict production deadlines
- Work with winemaker to finalize production quantities, single vineyard selections, and AVA designation
- Manage wine allocations and communicate allocation changes to other departments
- Prepare & lead S&OP meetings and analyze data to facilitate business decision-making
- Standardize the process for reporting information in the S&OP ensuring that the right level of information is available to the right audience at the right time
- Review and monitor inventory coverage to ensure that it meets inventory goals
- Work closely with sales to identify potential forecasting & inventory problems that could be resolved with early identification and proper handling like inventory deficiencies or aging issues
- Generate scenarios to support decisions as they relate to S&OP decisions, new product introductions, and changes in processes
- Creates SKU level statistical modeling utilizing historical data for short- and long-term planning
- Develop and maintain trended demand planning KPIs/metrics, including robust forecast accuracy and bias measures
- Build visual advanced models and reporting to help identify trends and present variances between actual sales, the dynamic forecast, and the budget to be shared during the S&OP process
- 3-4 years of planning related experience
- Experience in CPG/beverage or Wine industry is a plus
- BS/BA required
- Robust and meticulous analytics and strategic thinking capability; keen eye for continuous improvement
- Adjusts to new situations and environments quickly; is comfortable with changing priorities and able to manage self effectively amidst change; is resilient and learns from challenging situations
- Builds trust through truth, integrity, and accountability; collaborative team player with strong relationship-building skills to partner successfully with cross-functional teams
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills required; knowledge of VBA, JDE, Oracle, and/or Microsoft Power BI is a plus
- Availability to travel between our Paso Robles and Los Angeles offices, and to our wine businesses across California (up to 15%)
Pay Range: $100,000 - $120,000 and may include a discretionary bonus. Final compensation will be dependent upon skills & experience.
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental and 401k with match eligibility
- Opportunities for development and internal mobility
- Manager and leadership training, biweekly L&OD webinars, and eLearning offerings
- Companywide problem solving and continuous improvement training
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Company prioritizes wellness through its Wonderful NOW (Nourish Our Wellness) Initiative, which provides a robust suite of wellness offerings such as access to mental health resources and life coaching, employee community groups, cash rewards for healthy habits, and on-demand fitness videos
Located in Paso Robles, JUSTIN® Vineyards & Winery was founded in 1981 and is known for crafting world- class wines using Bordeaux grape varieties, including the iconic ISOSCELES® blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Merlot. The Vineyard estate, located at 11680 Chimney Rock Road, features a Tasting Room, luxury five-star accommodations at the JUST Inn®, and a Restaurant—making it one of the only wineries on the Central Coast to offer all three options. In September 2018, a new second location, the JUSTIN Downtown Tasting Room opened introducing an expansive wine-tasting bar, lounge, and a full dining room that’s situated prominently on the square along Downtown City Park in the heart of Paso Robles. In addition to its stellar hospitality, JUSTIN consistently receives top honors around the world, establishing itself as a leader in New World Bordeaux-style winemaking. JUSTIN wines are available through discerning fine wine retailers and restaurants throughout the United States, or directly from the Winery via JUSTIN’s Tasting Room, online store or to members of the exclusive JUSTIN Wine Society wine club. To discover more about JUSTIN, visit www.justinwine.com.
The Wonderful Company is an Equality Opportunity Employer that provides opportunities for advancement. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce that embodies a deep culture of acceptance, equity, and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.