Our mission is to transform the paradigm of health and wellness in California’s Central Valley, while dramatically improving health outcomes for The Wonderful Company’s employees, their families, and the communities in which they live and work. If you are a qualified Behavioral Health Therapist, you could be a part of a team that is evolving a new completely free model for world-class health and wellness that can have an immensely positive impact on the underserved and vulnerable populations we serve.
Giving back and leaving the planet better than we found it will be our legacy. To learn more about our programs and read our entire Corporate Social Responsibility report, click here.
The Behavioral Health Therapist is based in Lost Hills, CA, and will travel to other wellness centers in the Central Valley. The Behavioral Health Therapist will serve as an integral part of our onsite primary care team, responsible for helping patients improve their physical and mental health. The Behavioral Health Therapist functions as a core member of our enhanced Primary Care team that involves the patient's primary care provider, a psychiatric consultant, and other mental health and social service providers in the clinic and community. The Behavioral Health Therapist is responsible for coordinating and supporting mental health and social care within the clinic and for coordinating referrals to clinically indicated mental health and social services outside the clinic. The Behavioral Health Therapist may provide evidence-based treatments or work with other mental health and social service providers when such treatment is indicated and, on occasion, provide community outreach/education with other center team members.
- Support and closely coordinate mental health care with the patient's primary care provider and, when appropriate, other treating mental health providers.
- Screen and assess patients for common mental health, substance abuse disorders, and unmet social needs.
- Provide patient education about common mental health and substance abuse disorders and available treatment options.
- Monitor patients (in person or by telephone) for changes in clinical symptoms and treatment side effects or complications.
- Develop relationships with community providers and facilitate referrals for clinically indicated services outside the primary care clinic (e.g., social services such as housing assistance, vocational rehabilitation, mental health specialty care, substance abuse treatment)
- Support psychotropic medication management prescribed by PCPs, focusing on treatment adherence, side effects and other complications, and effectiveness of treatment.
- Provide brief interventions using evidence-based techniques such as Behavioral Activation, Problem-Solving Treatment, Motivational Interviewing, or other treatments appropriate for primary care settings.
- Provide or facilitate in-clinic or outside referrals to evidence-based psychosocial treatments (e.g, CBT, IPT) as clinically indicated.
- Participate in regularly scheduled (usually weekly) caseload consultation with the psychiatric consultant and communicate resulting treatment recommendations to the patient's PCP. Consultations will focus on patients new to treatment or who are not improving as expected.
- Facilitate patient engagement and follow-up in care.
- Track patient follow-up and clinical outcomes using a registry. Document in-person and telephone encounters in the registry and use the system to identify and re-engage patients.
- Document patient progress and treatment recommendations in the registry so they can be easily shared with PCPs, the psychiatric consultant, and other treating providers.
- Facilitate treatment plan changes for patients who are not improving as expected in consultation with the PCP and the psychiatric consultant. These may include changes in medications or psychosocial treatments or appropriate referrals for additional services.
- Complete relapse prevention plan with patients who are in remission
- Travel required to Delano clinic and Student Wellness Center. Willing to travel to Lost Hills clinic to meet business operating needs.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Current/valid LCSW or LMFT license issued by the State of California Board of Behavioral Sciences (able to provide supervised hours to ACSW/AMFT)
- Must speak Spanish fluently
- Preferred experience working with adults, teens, and pediatric patients
- Knowledge of social service agencies, state regulations, and APA standards
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively in a team setting.
- Ability to maintain effective and professional relationships with patients and other team members.
- COVID-19 vaccination will be required for this position unless employee has a legally valid exemption
Pay Range: $90,000 - $100,000 annually. Final compensation will be dependent upon skills & experience.
- Free access to the Wonderful Wellness Clinic
- Free access to the Wonderful Fitness Center
- Competitive benefits packing including Medical, Vision, Dental, 401k, PTO, sick days, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement program and 100% of CA accreditation fees paid
- Subsidized gym membership
- Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) -- allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Company focus on health and wellness including WonderfulNow, a robust suite of company wellness offerings focused on supporting our employees
- Subsidized preschool and college scholarships for your children
Quality of Life in the Central Valley:
Framed by the Sierra Nevada to the east and the Coast Ranges to the west, California's Central Valley is one of the world's most productive agricultural regions and the base of The Wonderful Company's agricultural operations. This vast area enjoys a moderate climate and offers residents a high quality of life, low cost of living, and a host of diverse cultural and recreational activities. From wine tasting and hiking to rafting, fishing, skiing, and surfing -- all within a two-hour drive -- the family-friendly Central Valley has much to offer.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.