Do you love playing a leadership role in driving innovation in a new and transformational industry? Are you passionate about the environment and sustainable agriculture? Do you want to play a part in supporting the world’s farmers to adopt new methods of sustainable agriculture?
Suterra is the world’s leader in the rapidly growing industry of biopesticides that use pheromones. We are grower-owned and part of The Wonderful Company®, one of the world’s largest private agribusiness and consumer food product companies. Our insect management products use naturally occurring compounds that are non-toxic, leave no harmful residues on food and do not leach into soil or groundwater. We want you to come help us make the world a better place.
The Marketing Manager will develop Suterra’s marketing program for key specialty crops by creating a strategic season plan, and then owning tactical marketing activities within the plan to drive grower adoption of our products. We are an entrepreneurial driven, fast paced organization with decade long, double-digit growth that hires highly motivated leaders for our teams.
This is a unique opportunity for a Marketing Professional that wants to collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to build an iconic brand, increase sales enablement, and create repeatable marketing processes. We're looking for those who can plan and execute account-specific and multi-channel marketing programs, sales messaging, and field/educational events.
This position is based as remote in Central California promoting innovative products which are fundamentally changing the nature of the global food supply.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Create additional revenue by planning and executing the season-long marketing plan for U.S. specialty crops such as citrus, nuts, and vines including multi-channel campaigns, sales messaging, account-specific and trade events, email campaigns, earned media, etc.
- Plan and document:
In close partnership with a varied group of cross-functional stakeholders including marketing, sales, science, field, engineering, and executive team.
- Execute and report results:
Use a combination of in-house team members, external agencies, and your own skillset.
- Plan and document:
- Working closely with cross-functional partners, develop concise and compelling messaging about Suterra’s company, products, customers, and brand.
- Cultivate testimonials (written, video, and/or live panels at events)
- Working closely with cross-functional partners, develop, write, and design product marketing materials and sales enablement tools including webpages, brochures, and presentations including research and messaging development.
- In partnership with Wonderful Corporate Communications and internal scientific/executive stakeholders, develop and execute earned media and social media strategy for the U.S. including cultivating editorial relationships, writing, and posting press releases, developing blog and social media content, and managing broadcast interviews.
- Develop account-specific marketing programs.
- Plan and execute in-person marketing events, including preparing, managing, and attending grower events, field days, and educational events.
- Be the onsite leader for most marketing events in California (may include set-up, tear-down, logistics, and managing safety)
- BA/BS in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field; preferably with a focus in agriculture or bioscience.
- 4+ years of experience working in marketing in a similar industry (e.g., agriculture, bioscience)
- Strong skills in marketing automation and CRM suites, especially Hubspot.
- As a remote employee, communicate proactively and work collaboratively as part of a team comprised of other remote employees as well as office-based employees.
Pay Range: $80,000-$99,000 and may include a discretionary bonus dependent on skills and experience.
Suterra is wholly owned by The Wonderful Company
The Wonderful Company, headquartered in Los Angeles, is privately held $6 billion global agribusiness company with consumer brands including Wonderful® Pistachios, Wonderful® Halos®, POM Wonderful®, FIJI® Water, JUSTIN® and Landmark® wines, as well as the Teleflora® flower delivery service.
To learn more about The Wonderful Company, visit www.wonderful.com, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. To view the current Corporate Social Responsibility report, visit www.wonderful.com/csr.
The Wonderful Company is an Equality Opportunity Employer that provides opportunities for advancement. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce that embodies a deep culture of acceptance, equity, and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, region, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.