Showcase your ship planning experience!
Neptune Pacific Direct Line (NPDL) is experiencing a period of significant transformation. Formed in 2020, Neptune Pacific Line acquired Pacific Direct Line, bringing together two of the South Pacific’s top shipping and logistics companies to support the full supply chain of our customers in the region. NPDL is part of The Wonderful Company headquartered in the USA (including Fiji Water).
NPDL operates 9 container ships, moving +240k TEU between AU, NZ and the Pacific Islands, as well as the USA. We have strong partnerships with PIL, CMA, MSK and other lines, moving cargo across 25 customer destinations in 16 countries.
You will be part of our dedicated Operations team to maximise vessel capacity utilization and port operations efficiencies. You will also effectively plan and monitor port operations, ensuring all key teams are aware of progress whilst also ensuring the safety of our crews and integrity of our vessels.
What you will be doing:
- Managing the end-to-end vessel planning processes for the assigned ships, ensuring all critical business rules are followed.
- Applying best practice vessel planning processes, ensuing best stability and trim conditions, while minimizing time at port.
- Ensuring the discharge and load activities are carried out in a safe manner, maximizing vessel stability while alongside.
- Ensuring vessels are turned around within allocated window, via efficient sequencing of vessel operations and performance monitoring.
- Performance reporting of vessel capacity utilization, restows and other key metrics associated with vessel planning.
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table:
- Previous experience in a similar operational position
- High level of integrity and work ethics; a safety role model, driving and developing a strong Safety culture
- Proven strong communication skills ensuring clear, direct and appropriate communication at multiple organizational levels and geographies all over APAC
- Experienced in the use of Vessel Planning systems (e.g., Navis Stowman/MACS 3), as well as the MS Office Suite
This is a full time permanent role in Auckland or Singapore. There will be the occasional international travel to the Pacific Islands. As you have worked in shipping in the past, you will know a level of flexibility is required at times to work extended hours including weekends, afterhours and public holidays as needed to meet business needs.
You will possess the ability to work under pressure and make sound decisions in fast-paced environment. In addition, you will have demonstrated adaptability to work to changing deadlines which is part and parcel of the industry. Multitasking and prioritizing your work will come naturally to you while you strive to meet business needs.
You will live and breathe continuous improvement as you provide solutions and take the lead in resolving end-to-end process issues. You will enjoy taking full ownership in resolving cross-team and cross-functional issues.
In return we offer a challenging and stimulating environment. You will have the right to live and work in New Zealand at the time of applying. The successful candidate may be subject to undergo a Police Check and/or Pre-Employment Drug Test.
Our NPDL Contribution:
- *Competitive benefits package
- Hybrid working model
- Opportunity for development and internal mobility
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Project Wonderful - Staff spend a day in the community helping with various projects
- Company focused on wellness and health
If you are someone who loves vessel or ship planning and wants to start a career in NPDL, this could be the role for you.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.