Wonderful Citrus is America's largest integrated grower, shipper and packer of fresh citrus, including clementine/mandarin, navel and Valencia oranges; lemons; limes; grapefruits; and other citrus varieties. Wonderful Citrus owns, cultivates and harvests more than 58,000 acres of fresh citrus and ships around the world each year to ensure a year-round supply. Our citrus can be found in all channels of distribution, with our consumer brands most visible in the produce department of grocery stores across America under the flagship consumer brands of Wonderful Halos mandarins and Wonderful Sweet Scarletts Texas Red grapefruit.
Purchasing and sourcing of materials and services. This includes Materials for Work Orders as well as Parts Room and Dry Goods inventory. The successful candidate will have a focus on excellent internal customer service and drive cost savings using Total Cost of Ownership principles.
Here's what you’ll do:
- Directs and coordinates activities involving procuring goods and services such as raw materials, equipment, machinery, and supplies for the organization.
- Confers with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Selects products for purchase by testing, observing, or examining items.
- Estimates values according to knowledge of market price. Determines methods of procurement such as direct purchase or bid.
- Prepares purchase orders or bid requests and approves invoices for payment.
- Ensures that primary items and commodities are available in sufficient supply to continue production.
- Maintains procurement records such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories.
- Evaluates sources of supply of purchased goods and services in terms of vendor performance, facilities and capacity to produce, industry reports, and vendor statements. Assists in the development of new sources of supply, both national and international, for purchased commodities.
- Discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine the source of trouble and take corrective action.
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table:
- BA/BS in Business Administration preferred or five years of related procurement experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A thorough understanding and acceptance of the Buying Process as well as the End-of-Month PO Close Purchasing Process.
- Practical experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in food.
- Proven leadership, managerial and administrative skills.
- Must have the ability to travel, willingness to learn and deal with a larger portfolio.
- Excellent computer skills and familiarity with current software packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Experience with ERP software, Oracle Cloud experience a plus.
Pay Range: $68,000 - $72,000, and may include a discretionary bonus. Final compensation will be dependent upon skills & experience.
Here's what we'll bring to the table:
- Wonderful Giving - a one-of-kind program that donates company money to charities close to our employees' hearts
- Employee college tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral program
- Full benefits package - Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, company matching and annual catch-up, Employee Assistance Program, company-paid life insurance (spouse and dependents to age 26), life insurance, AD&D insurance, flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
Wonderful Citrus is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4 billion company with 9,000 employees worldwide. We've made Wonderful Pistachios one of America's top-selling salty snacks. We've turned pomegranates and POM Wonderful into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America. FIJI Water is the No. 1 premium bottled water in America. JUSTIN Wine produces California's top-selling, high-end Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora is the world's largest flower delivery service.
The Wonderful Company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California's Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that provides opportunities for advancement. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce that embodies a deep culture of acceptance, equity, and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.