Our mission is to transform the paradigm of health and wellness in California’s Central Valley, while dramatically improving health outcomes for The Wonderful Company’s employees, their families, and the communities in which they live and work. If you are an MD or DO, you could be a part of a team that is evolving a new completely free model for world-class health and wellness that can have an immensely positive impact on the underserved and vulnerable populations we serve.
Giving back and leaving the planet better than we found it will be our legacy. To learn more about our programs and read our entire Corporate Social Responsibility report, click here.
We seek a Lead Physician to join a team that is deeply committed to helping our employees and families lead healthier lives. This Lead Physician is a clinical position that reports to the CMO, and will play a critical role in making a meaningful difference in the lives of this vulnerable population, which suffers from the highest levels of obesity and diabetes in the nation.
- Provides compassionate and high-quality patient care and implementation of evidence based medical practices (70% clinical, 30% administrative/leadership).
- Serve as a clinical leader within a multidisciplinary clinical environment to strategically improve health outcomes for empaneled patients in a coordinated manner.
- Provide clinical direction for clinic support staff such as health coaches, medical assistants, and front desk staff to ensure excellent clinical care.
- Participates and leads initiatives for improved patient health outcomes.
- Works closely with business unit leaders who oversee the facilities and employees where our clinics are located and collaborates with them on how to improve health outcomes.
- Develops, reviews and revises protocols, training materials, and project specific data.
- Supported by a committed and collaborate healthcare team, which includes Primary Care, behavioral health including psychiatric support, nutrition, physical therapy, health coaching, and medications are all free to patients.
- See an average of 12 patients/day, with 100% outpatient care and NO obligations to be on medical call during evenings and weekends.
- Lead or support onsite, mobile, and community-based efforts that aim to improve patient engagement, access, population health management, referral tracking, and clinical quality performance.
- Serve as lead collaborating physician to a team of non-physician healthcare providers (physician assistants and nurse practitioners).
- Help develop, evaluate and scale interventions that identify and address upstream social determinants of patient health with care team.
- Travel required to Lost Hills Clinic, Delano clinic, and Mobile clinic.
- Perform other duties assigned.
- Graduate from an accredited medical school;
- Valid CA medical license or eligible;
- Board certification in Family, Internal, or Preventive Medicine, preferred;
- Written and verbal fluency in medical Spanish, strongly preferred;
- Proficient with technology, including MS office, tablets, smartphones, and EMR systems;
- Demonstrated interest in improving clinical care and population health for underserved population;
- COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption.
- This position is based in Lost Hills, CA & Delano, CA. Option for 4-days on-site and 1-day remote.
Wonderful's dedication to you:
- Pay Range: $275,000 - $317,000 annually. Final compensation will be dependent upon skills & experience.
- Competitive benefits packing including Medical, Vision, Dental, 401k, PTO, sick days, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement program and 100% of CA accreditation fees paid
- College scholarships for employees' children
- Access to many Wonderful Company perks including the corporation health clinic and fitness center
- Relocation Assistance & Housing Available
- Monthly Car Allowance
- Sign-on Bonus potential
- Annual Performance Bonus potential
- Student Loan Repayment potential
- Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) -- allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Company focus on health and wellness including WonderfulNow, a robust suite of company wellness offerings focused on supporting our employees
Quality of Life in the Central Valley:
Framed by the Sierra Nevada to the east and the Coast Ranges to the west, California's Central Valley is one of the world's most productive agricultural regions and the base of The Wonderful Company's agricultural operations. This vast area enjoys a moderate climate and offers residents a high quality of life, low cost of living, and a host of diverse cultural and recreational activities. From wine tasting and hiking to rafting, fishing, skiing, and surfing -- all within a two-hour drive -- the family-friendly Central Valley has much to offer.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.