Wonderful Citrus is America’s largest integrated grower, shipper and packer of fresh citrus, including clementine/mandarin, navel and Valencia oranges; lemons; limes; grapefruits; and other citrus varieties. Wonderful Citrus owns, cultivates and harvests more than 58,000 acres of fresh citrus and ships around the world each year to ensure a year-round supply. Our citrus can be found in all channels of distribution, with our consumer brands most visible in the produce department of grocery stores across America under the flagship consumer brands of Wonderful Halos mandarins and Wonderful Sweet Scarletts Texas Red grapefruit.
Responsible for developing, driving, and implementing maintenance and reliability strategies, ensuring the timely and accurate delivery of services, to include preventative and predictive maintenance, planned system overhauls, and on-call repair services resulting in the efficient and effective operation of all equipment. The ideal candidate will possess strong knowledge and experience in preventative, predictive and corrective maintenance processes and will utilize inside maintenance staff and outside equipment trained technicians to maintain all sorting, sizing, packaging, bagging, and scale equipment. Candidate must have a strong management background with a determination to excel in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to lead and empower a skilled and experienced team of Supervisors and hourly workforce.
Here’s what you’ll do:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Continuously improve safety, quality, efficiency, cost and morale results.
- Develop and implement maintenance and reliability programs in accordance with company and industry standards.
- Evaluates overall maintenance and reliability practices by monitoring and auditing established processes.
- Directs and coordinates the facility’s maintenance activities managing internal and external resources.
- Supports the development and manages annual repair and maintenance, labor, OH budgets and provides fiscal direction to the maintenance and operational staff.
- Maximize equipment uptime using tools such as RFCA’s to identify root causes and eliminate downtime.
- Ensures proper maintenance of production equipment and corrects any out of control occurrences.
- Ensure facility is maintained to company standards.
- Monitors quality of work to ensure adherence to company and industry standards and compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
- Provide technical/leadership development for the maintenance hourly and leadership staff.
- Drives maintenance continuous improvement and innovation efforts.
- Collaborate with peers and leadership to meet/exceed business goals.
- Manage outside contractors – set expectations and hold them accountable to meet company needs.
- Develops appropriate KPI’s to drive department improvement and schedule weekly reviews to determine gaps.
- Support company and packinghouse LEAN initiatives.
- Support/develop/execute capital projects
- Support the plant with food safety and other compliance audits
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering, Business or related course studies preferred or Seven (7) years of maintenance leadership experience within the Food Processing Industry in lieu of degree
- Reliability certifications (CMRP) preferred
- Proficient in MS Office products and Oracle EAM
- Proficient in PDCA, 5S and Equipment failure analysis
- Ability to lead and supervise a team of Supervisors while initiating, supporting and driving continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ability and experience defining standards of expectation for the maintenance department, including how they should be communicated at all levels, setting clear, attainable department goals and holding the team accountable.
- Knowledge of Preventative Maintenance, Predictive Maintenance, Corrective Maintenance, Maintenance Scheduling, and Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
- Knowledge of operational processes from receiving to processing to shipping
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include mechanical, electrical skills, organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment while initiating maintenance process improvements.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with all departments within the plant.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present effectively to small/large groups.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to develop, implement, and enforce safety programs and protocols.
- Ability to implement predictive maintenance practices; thermal imaging, vibration analysis, etc.
- Ability to work with counterparts to identify key areas to drive continuous improvement and identify equipment modifications/improvement opportunities to increase future throughput.
- Knowledge of all federal, state, and local codes and ordinances pertinent to facilities operation and maintenance.
- Familiarity with FSMA, GFSI, and/or CDFA regulations and requirements
- Knowledge of budgeting and cost estimating procedures with experience directly creating and managing budgets.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and/or projections.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently handle multiple, simultaneous, tasks and projects.
Pay Range: $115,000 - $125,000, and may include a discretionary bonus. Final compensation will be dependent upon skills & experience.
Here’s what we’ll bring to the table:
- Wonderful Giving – a one-of-kind program that donates company money to charities close to our employees’ hearts
- Employee college tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral program
- Full benefits package – Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, company matching and annual catch-up, Employee Assistance Program, company-paid life insurance (spouse and dependents to age 26), life insurance, AD&D insurance, flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Company prioritizes wellness through its Wonderful NOW (Nourish Our Wellness) initiative, which provides a robust suite of wellness offerings such as access to mental health resources and life coaching, employee community groups, cash rewards for healthy habits, and on-demand fitness videos
Wonderful Citrus is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4 billion company with 9,000 employees worldwide. We’ve made Wonderful Pistachios one of America’s top-selling salty snacks. We’ve turned pomegranates and POM Wonderful into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America. FIJI Water is the No. 1 premium bottled water in America. JUSTIN Wine produces California’s top-selling, high-end Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora is the world’s largest flower delivery service.
The Wonderful Company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California’s Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
Wonderful Citrus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.