POM Wonderful, the Antioxidant Superpower, is seeking to add a dynamic Senior Brand Manager ready to flex their marketing superpowers. POM is a part of a privately held $5 billion consumer product company and is the #1 supplier of pomegranates in the U.S. Currently celebrating our 20th anniversary, making pomegranates and their health benefits more widely known. This role will help tell this story, by playing an integral role in the development and implementation of marketing plans that drive corporate volume and profitability objectives. The Senior Brand Manager will work with cross functional groups including agency, PR, legal, operations, sales, and insights among others to develop and execute marketing plans, stay abreast of category and consumer trends, and identify new opportunities for rapid expansion and profitable growth.
Reporting to our Director of Marketing this role will be based at our HQ Office in Los Angeles, on a hybrid schedule with 3 days per week in the office. This role will also require the ability to travel to trade shows and the Central Valley as needed (up to 10%).
- Define the strategic direction for the iconic POM Wonderful brand and own major components of the brand planning process and marketing budget
- Manage the brand’s innovation pipeline with cross-functional partners to develop and commercialize pomegranate-based products (e.g., beverages, functional products, and other innovation opportunities as needed), new packaging solutions, and untapped distribution opportunities
- Drive cross-functional organization, planning, and execution of marketing programs (consumer and trade) to drive profitability objectives
- Use available data sources (including syndicated data) to monitor and report state of business including distribution, brand share, promotional effectiveness, and category trends
- Work with Wonderful's in-house creative agency to define creative, media, and PR strategies, providing direction for our marketing/creative campaigns
- Provide thought leadership in developing practical solutions to complex quantitative and qualitative problems
- Interface directly with company leadership and present marketing recommendations and plans to senior management as well as cross-functional teams
- Prior work experience in food and/or beverage industry or a CPG field preferred
- 7+ years of relevant experience and MBA preferred, not required
- Strong innovative mindset with proven track record of commercialization in CPG industry
- Excellent project & people management skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Keen analytical, strategic, and creative problem-solving abilities – utilizing data to identify unique and powerful insights
- Strong communication and presentation skills; ready to present in both formal and informal settings with the use of PowerPoint and other tools
- Ability to effectively develop marketing creative briefs and articulate creative feedback to develop powerful marketing campaigns
- Delivers results in the entrepreneurial spirit of being bold and nimble, orients toward innovative and efficient outcomes
- Partners and collaborates with others across the organization; demonstrates inclusivity and exemplifies the One Wonderful culture
- Self-driven to achieve goals. High energy level is essential. Strong, dedicated work ethic and not afraid to take a stand
- Experience in international markets and/or functional ingredient marketing a plus
Pay Range: $160,000 - $170,000 and may include a discretionary bonus. Final compensation will be dependent upon skills & experience.
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental and 401k with match eligibility
- Opportunities for development and internal mobility
- Manager and leadership training, biweekly L&OD webinars, and eLearning offerings
- Companywide problem solving and continuous improvement training
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Company prioritizes wellness through its Wonderful NOW (Nourish Our Wellness) initiative, which provides a robust suite of wellness offerings such as access to mental health resources and life coaching, employee community groups, cash rewards for healthy habits, and on-demand fitness videos
POM Wonderful is the largest grower and producer of fresh pomegranates and pomegranate juice in the United States as well as the worldwide leader in fresh California pomegranates and pomegranate-based products including our 100% pomegranate juices, healthy juice blends and teas. We grow, handpick and juice our own pomegranates to ensure the highest quality.
POM Wonderful is part of The Wonderful Company, a privately held $5 billion company, which also has other No. 1 brands such as Wonderful® Pistachios, FIJI® Water, Wonderful® Halos®, JUSTIN® Wine, and Teleflora®. To learn more about The Wonderful Company, visit www.wonderful.com, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. To view the current Corporate Social Responsibility report, visit www.wonderful.com/csr.
The Wonderful Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.